Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Landrover 110 to a Marco Polo 330d

Brucyboy2

Hello Having owned a Landie 110 for 30 years (which had a cooker, fridge, roof tent, awning and a pull out cooking area) I am going to be the proud owner of a brand new Marco Polo 300 - purchased ex demo from a dealership. Not cheap, but then I have moved on from spontaneous showers and full-time air-conditioning (ie holes in the chassis). I hope that I have done the right thing. I am a wild camper, with tipis, swimming gear, dogs, cats and goldfish in flasks, and didnt want a huge carbuncle to lug around. I have an A class 200d which is brilliant for rides, so wanted to consolidate with one vehicle.

Just thought that I would introduce myself. You have all been really useful for me.

One thought though? Would you buy it outright for about £56,000 or do it on PCP..... money is not the issue, just what is best. I could buy it outright, but the dealerships say that I would be best with a £10,000 deposit. Any thoughts?
T

Brucyboy2

My goldfish is 28 years old - he comes on adventures with me in the flask. I hope that I can find a suitable travelling place. I feel as if I have upgraded from Magic Bus (if you can remember this?) to Business Class, but in reality it is about getting from A to B in the best possible way. Winnie, the cat might disagree, she sits in her cage looking quite outraged. My view is that she came to us in a dreadful state and has stayed with us for 19 years........ I have told her that she has been upgraded to business class - she has yet to respond.

Grand Tourismo

Hello Having owned a Landie 110 for 30 years (which had a cooker, fridge, roof tent, awning and a pull out cooking area) I am going to be the proud owner of a brand new Marco Polo 300 - purchased ex demo from a dealership. Not cheap, but then I have moved on from spontaneous showers and full-time air-conditioning (ie holes in the chassis). I hope that I have done the right thing. I am a wild camper, with tipis, swimming gear, dogs, cats and goldfish in flasks, and didnt want a huge carbuncle to lug around. I have an A class 200d which is brilliant for rides, so wanted to consolidate with one vehicle.

Just thought that I would introduce myself. You have all been really useful for me.

One thought though? Would you buy it outright for about £56,000 or do it on PCP..... money is not the issue, just what is best. I could buy it outright, but the dealerships say that I would be best with a £10,000 deposit. Any thoughts?
T
Hi Brucyboy2 and welcome along :Welcome:

PCP or cash is a tough one, whenever I do the maths I always end up back at cash as PCP usually means I roughly loose my deposit.
However in this instance I think it might be worth a little further thought...what guaranteed future value are they proposing?
The reason I ask is that prices are a little inflated at the moment due to the stay-cation boom and future values may drop exponentially when all these newly acquired motorhomes and caravans hit the market in a year or two.
In the end you have to decide if you want the risk free option or want to gamble on ownership depreciation...given the length of time you commit to your camping vehicles I would say that at roughly £1850 per year you can't really loose either way!!

Brucyboy2

Hello and thank you. They are giving a £32,000 value after three years - with a £10,000 deposit.....(or I could put in as little as £3000 and pay more per month and in interest).

Theresa

Steve B

Welcome and from a current long term defender owner. The difference is stark between the MP and LR, but I like the contrast. They both have their specific use, and a bump in the LR costs £100 to fix, its £5k in the MP! You might find you miss the uncomfortable ride, cramped drivers seat, wide turning circle, road and engine noise, rattles, and the queue of people behind you on roads including caravans :)

£56k seems a good deal on a brand new MP

Marc o Polo

Hi, Teresa,

My opinion if you have the cash pay outright - - no brainer... Having recently bought one myself, that price looks to be reasonable, but then again I don't know the spec, could be fantastic particularly being a demo car, but they are all great imo. 3 year warranty swayed me. -

Fantastic choice. By the way:Welcome:.

Grand Tourismo

Welcome and from a current long term defender owner. The difference is stark between the MP and LR, but I like the contrast. They both have their specific use, and a bump in the LR costs £100 to fix, its £5k in the MP! You might find you miss the uncomfortable ride, cramped drivers seat, wide turning circle, road and engine noise, rattles, and the queue of people behind you on roads including caravans :)

£56k seems a good deal on a brand new MP
Mind you Steve you would want the Landy on any grass surface that is anything other than bowling green flat or not desert dry!! :D

Steve B

Agree GT, I did tow a discovery 4 off a wet field once......I would love to say its old school beating new tech, but it was simply the tyres, I had good all terrain on and the disco has motorway 'slicks' on!