Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen Window Screen

KDM

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm not seeing it on the site. My MP is also my commuter and the parking lot at work is uncovered and quite hot as you might imagine here in northern Italy. I don't see this part on the forum's shop and wonder if anyone is using it? If so, does it keep rain out? Does it have a good seal? And is it as safe as if the window were closed? Thanks in advance, Ken (in Vicenza, Italy) https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.d...50-9b5d-af90418676cf/Products/288040248035[1]

Paul Mc

Ken
This is probably one of my favourite and most useful accessories for the van.
It’s great for keeping the rain out and stopping insects from getting in.
I find it particularly useful when cooking on rainy days and for a little bit of ventilation when sleeping at night.
It’s a little bit awkward to fit at first but it locks securely into position by sliding the opening window back into one of the locking slots. When not in use I store the air vent in it’s original plastic bag with two pieces of cardboard to protect the mesh covering.
Paul Mc

Attachments

• 4F3B6112-1040-4ADA-9980-9F21BCCFD24F.jpeg
    4F3B6112-1040-4ADA-9980-9F21BCCFD24F.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: KDM
Agree, expensive but well worth the money. Locks in place with the window latch cannot see anyone opening window with it in place, same as the window normally being latched closed. Store mine in the chair bag when not in use in the plastic bag.

KDM

Ken
This is probably one of my favourite and most useful accessories for the van.
It’s great for keeping the rain out and stopping insects from getting in.
I find it particularly useful when cooking on rainy days and for a little bit of ventilation when sleeping at night.
It’s a little bit awkward to fit at first but it locks securely into position by sliding the opening window back into one of the locking slots. When not in use I store the air vent in it’s original plastic bag with two pieces of cardboard to protect the mesh covering.
Paul Mc
Paul Mc and Paul Cardiff, thank you. Will absolutely order based on your confidence building feedback. And, I didn't realize it had a mesh covering! If the manufacturer's page mentioned it, I missed it. On days I knew it wouldn't rain I've been leaving the kitchen window open and having to deal with bugs on the ride home. Thanks again, Ken

KDM

Paul Mc and Paul Cardiff, thank you. Will absolutely order based on your confidence building feedback. And, I didn't realize it had a mesh covering! If the manufacturer's page mentioned it, I missed it. On days I knew it wouldn't rain I've been leaving the kitchen window open and having to deal with bugs on the ride home. Thanks again, Ken
Gents, have you or anyone you've heard of, had trouble ordering from https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.de/Reisemobil-Zubehoer-447/Westfalia ? I registered on their site, tried to order but keep getting error messages from the site. I've written them but only gotten auto-replies. And, if not from them, where do you order these accessories?

Gents, have you or anyone you've heard of, had trouble ordering from https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.de/Reisemobil-Zubehoer-447/Westfalia ? I registered on their site, tried to order but keep getting error messages from the site. I've written them but only gotten auto-replies. And, if not from them, where do you order these accessories?
Hi,
I did not have any issues ordering from the Mercedes site you reference. Was a bit of a pain as you could not pay online, had to bank transfer using a reference number but then items delivered no problem. Communication was great and items delivered promptly, this was the email address of the lady that corresponded over the order, try her: [email protected]

KDM

Hi,
I did not have any issues ordering from the Mercedes site you reference. Was a bit of a pain as you could not pay online, had to bank transfer using a reference number but then items delivered no problem. Communication was great and items delivered promptly, this was the email address of the lady that corresponded over the order, try her: [email protected]
Paul, Thanks for that. Will reach out to Frau Bergmann shortly.

KDM

Folks, I highly endorse the kitchen window screen shown and mentioned above. I've had it in place for the past month. There is a little sticker on the inside that indicates you shouldn't drive with it in place, but I've found it to be secure and rattle free. And, rain does not come in at all. Other most appreciated accessories with this order were the shower head and line and the fridge inserts. Great and useful additions.