Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just bought an MP

Hi folks

Just bought a 220 amg in silver with tow bar, camera and awning. Should be picking up in a week or so and family are dead excited.

Always wanted a Cali but found the dealer service awful and saw the mp at car fest. I'm lucky enough to have a c250d for work car which has been great and so thought with the westfalia background it was a credible alternative.

Plus one of my sons is called Marco so that pretty much sealed the deal as far as he was concerned.

Now to kit it out in readiness for first trip in the half term holidays. Any recommendations and advice welcome!!!!

All the best

Andy

BabaJen

Congratulations Andy!

As a Cali owner I cannot comment on the hardware but happy to help with "living in a small space" hints.

hi,

Many thanks for coming back. Trying to keep myself of Cali forums as wanted one for so long and hoping we've made the right decision with the mp. Used to have a 67 beetle back in the 90s and have v form memories of that car and vw.

Anyhow, back on track, myself and partner travelled round Oz in a Toyota camper for 4 months about ten years ago which was great, but seem to remember it was all about the sensible packing and we'd already packed light for travelling. We've now got a six and two year old and want to use the van for weekends away and holidays.

Appreciate any tips or recommendations whatsoever from kitting out with pots pans kettles and crockery through sleeping kit, awnings and how best to pack up all he kit for long trips. And anything else you can think of.

Many thanks in advance!

BabaJen

The MP is a great vehicle. I have looked twice now and it ticks a lot of my boxes. I think with choosing either it is going to be a great choice but then we are all going to suffer with "grass being greener" syndrome.

Sensible packing is key. There is nothing worse, on a wet windy day, than having to start to shift everything about just to find that "essential" which irritatingly has been put "out of the way".

Kettles, I use an outwell collapsible one, it fits neatly in the Cali sink, not to sure about the MP sink which appears a little smaller, although I am sure it will. My bowls also are collapsible. Main eating plates are my best from home ... but interleaved with disposables for when I am off road or wild camping, do not want to be washing up, and can just be thrown away when used. Cutlery set I use one of those sets in a small tool roll thingy and for bigger cooking utensils i use a grown up tool roll. Very handy for all being kept together, squeezed into any available space and then just tolled out when wanted. However most consider me eccentric to say the least. My cutlery drawer I considered to be a waste of drawer space so it now holds my "best plates" and my wine glasses :)

Anyway I am sure you are going to have lots of happy days thinking about all those things, planning and re-planning. Great days ahead in a great vehicle.