Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

JCT600 Sheffield

Roy C

JCT600 in Sheffield were one of the dealers who responded to my request for a quote via CarWow. Their offer was the highest discount at 7.2% although 2 others of the 5 dealers who replied also offered this discount.

I called MB Sheffield today after my local dealer (Harrogate) failed to respond to my attempts to get in touch and place an order with them. After initially leaving a message with MB Sheffield I got a quick response, called back and simply ordered over the phone - £1,000 deposit. I didn't really get to check my sales person's knowledge of the MP because I knew exactly what I wanted. I got the order forms emailed to me straight away and I have now checked and signed them and sent them back. I have been told it will take a couple of weeks to confirm build date and expected delivery. I will document my progress through the order process here.

I had a further call today, as informed (warned) by my assigned sales person, to upsell me on Gap Insurance (£395), Dent & Scratch Insurance (£387), Wheel & Tyre insurance (£445) and Paint and Interior protection (£300). Not too hard sell. I may consider the dent & scratch and/or wheel & tyre protection.

Last edited:

Roy C

Update on my order progress. Decided to go for the Dent & Scratch Insurance since the only car I've had that's not had a ding from a carelessly opened car door was a LR Discovery that had side steps to protect the body work. JCT Sheffield had phoned me a couple of days after I placed the order to confirm the awning housing colour (black) and the floor (light wood effect).

I called the dealer today to check on build progress and was told it is in "planning" for end March delivery but not firm build date yet, so that could vary. I was asked if I'd like it earlier if that was possible and I said no because didn't really think it was ideal camper van weather in February. I also might as well wait for the new 18 plate. Might just check on build date again around Christmas.

Roy C

Called the dealer today and I now have an expected delivery date of 19th March. This could still vary since I am told that Mercedes tend to err on the cautious side so it could be sooner. Nice easy conversation with Janine from the CarWow team to get this update.

Roy C

So, tomorrow's the day I pick up my car. Last weekend I got the registration number and then sorted out the insurance (LV). Bank transfer for the remaining balance was done during the week so I'm all set to pick up now. I bought a few essentials on Amazon (hook up cable, levelling blocks - because we've book Easter at a campsite with sloping pitches - funnel for filling water). Friday I got an email asking me to complete my Mercedes Me registration and then the app has teased me a couple of times by saying my car is unlocked and do I want to lock it.