Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior lights (above sliding door & stove)

Jamboree

I was at a campsite the other day, It was a nice day so while I was cooking I opened the sliding door.
The light above the door came on.
The light above the stove came on.
I pressed the button on the both lights to turn them off..... hmm that didn't work
It appears the light(s) stay on if the sliding door is open.

I've been looking for a way to turn the lights off while the door is open.

I haven't tried it but I'm assuming if I turn the "interior" lights off (next to the steering wheel / next to the light switch) this might do the trick. But is there an easier more local way to do this?

Imagine this example.
it's dark outside, I stop close to a forest, I start making some food, It's hot so I open the door, the light goes on, the bugs are attracted...... YES I'm sure the bugs will be attracted by the odor as well as the light --- so for a second example --- it's dark outside, I stop close to a forest, It's hot so I open the sliding door, the light goes on, the bugs are attracted....

KDM

I keep my sliding door (and windows) open in my garage and the lights you mention eventually go off. Why do I leave the door open? Needs a good airing out after hauling around my favorite passengers!

Steve B

The button to stop the courtesy light activation with the door is above the rear view mirror, left side.

Reactions: RFT

Jamboree

I keep my sliding door (and windows) open in my garage and the lights you mention eventually go off. Why do I leave the door open? Needs a good airing out after hauling around my favorite passengers!
That doesn't work if you are in the "wild" and bugs want to visit. However I think I found the solution - thanks, oh - and I agree about the airing out.

KDM

That doesn't work if you are in the "wild" and bugs want to visit. However I think I found the solution - thanks, oh - and I agree about the airing out.
Have you tried these? We bracket our patio in every evening with 4-6 of these and we live in Italian rice country and have tons of bugs. These keep them away completely and the smell is very mild and they contain no poison. Bug Coils.JPG

Jamboree

Have you tried these? We bracket our patio in every evening with 4-6 of these and we live in Italian rice country and have tons of bugs. These keep them away completely and the smell is very mild and they contain no poison. View attachment 534
I will look into that --- I don't know why I didn't consider that (silly me). Thanks