Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inaccurate Satnav

Method7

On the last two trips made in the MP I have set the satnav really just to avoid traffic hotspots but it was useless placing my location somewhere left of the road by about 100m and recalculating every time we passed a road on that side (assuming we were on that road). It’s useless..

Is there a way to re-set the calibration? I had a look through the menus but couldn’t find anything. It did eventually sort its self out but took several days so I’m wondering if there is a way to manually reset / calibrate or change satellites? Whatever it takes because although I rarely use it for routing it’s really handy as a general guide and great when in unfamiliar territories..

Steve B

I think the sat nav is sub standard, I have had numerous misadventures with it (sending me down the wrong way down a one way, that was an update issue though). I also just use it for traffic and ETA. I also had it try to send me across a dual carriageway, where there was no turn, and through some woods (with no road) to meet a road on the other side. I think the key thing is knowing its limitations, and being ready to use the skills we had before sat nav. That includes never admitting defeat, never asking for directions and never turning around :)

Epigram

As I was tinkering in preparation for going away next week I checked my version no of map data map data: Europe 2020 version 14.0. I can’t find the general software version.
I agree the map data is poor - I have been told to turn right when going over a level crossing and to follow railway tracks in Italy. I am afraid I didn’t have the courage to call its bluff.
My GPS is reasonably accurate and I wonder whether you are picking up enough satellites. Tall buildings in built up areas can be problematic or perhaps a poor aerial connection.

Last edited:

Grand Tourismo

Mine satnav doesn't seem to have any live traffic updates, it ran us into a huge standstill jam on the M5 last night without hesitation...not sure if it is a setting but I find Google maps to work well on my phone.

Grand Tourismo

I do worry about grubby hand marks developing on the headlining around the area I lift....so speaking of that has anyone any tips for headlining cleaning?