Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long between order and delivery?

Spekky

Hi all

Does anyone know how long is the current wait for MP delivery?

I placed an order in mid October, when the dealer gave me an estimate, together with a projected delivery date in January. Rather to my surprise, there was a follow up email, thanking me for the order and the deposit and a proposed delivery as late as April!

I contacted them to point out the discrepancy in dates, to be told that Mercedes tend to overestimate the delivery time and it would probably be sooner and I would kept up to date.

Two months later (a few days ago), I had a further email to say that there was a chance of delivery in March.

Is six months the normal delay? And is there a point in the process when the build date is confirmed and the actual date can be confirmed?

Roy C

I ordered in October and was told up front that delivery would be April, possibly March. So my information tallies with what you were eventually told. I am going to phone the dealer during first week in January to see if they have confirmed dates.

Dundry

I ordered in August and was given an estimate of December but the factory only confirmed my order a few weeks ago. I am told that the factory give the dealer a chassis number or something similar which means your order is in the system. Once this happens the dealer can track your order and keep you updated on delivery dates. At the moment my chassis is due to be built in April with delivery towards the end of May. I’m a bit unclear but it does seem that the factory allocates quota to dealers, so some dealers may get their confirmations earlier, which is why some of this forum who ordered after me seem to have earlier delivery dates.

I have also heard, via a fairly reliable source that MB are struggling with demand in the UK and MB employees are struggling to secure delivery dates - a good or bad thing dependig on your view.

I can understand that MB dont want to share their production issues with the public but there does seem some opaqueness aroud orders and delivery dates. Overall, it seems to me that demand is exceeding supply at least in the short term.

funkyegg

My experience was also that Merc tends to overstate their production and delivery date and it might well change to earlier near the time. Important thing is to get a confirmed allocation first and ask dealers for a weekly update with a printscreen of the production status. I ordered mine end of Aug and it took just under 3 months.

Roy C

I just phoned my dealer to get an order update. The current estimated delivery date for me is 19th March but, as Funkyegg mentions above, I was told it might be earlier since Mercedes tend to err on the side of caution. I ordered on 9th October so I'm looking at just over 5 months for my order.

Last edited:

Katie

I ordered 6 October and was told last week that delivery to the dealer has been notified as 9 April.
However, they hope it will be earlier than this, as mercedes dates tend to be cautious.
The dealer is obviously very keen to get it registered before 1/4/18 or he will be paying a hefty road tax bill. This may help on delivery times.

Dundry

Katie, whats happening with road tax from 1st April and why is the dealer going to pay this - isnt it the buyers responsibility? Thanks

Katie

From April the first year ved will increase for diesel cars by one band ie £300 for a Marco Polo
New cars are sold at on the road costs, including first years ved. Therefore, for the sake of a few days, my dealer wants to avoid having to pay the extra £300.
I believe some people’s contracts incorporate a term whereby any increase in price between order and delivery will be met by the customer.
Fortunately for me, the on the road price I pay is what I agreed back in October.
Not the end of the world for anyone really, but I guess the young lad who sold me the vehicle would lose it on his commission

Dundry

Thanks, I managed to get a price freeze when I got my delivery date, which is end of May, but possibly sooner - it seems a lot of new members on the site with May delivery date so hopefully this is just a MB default date and could be sooner :)

Spekky

The wait is nearly over. I gather the car will be in the UK on Monday and with the dealer by Wednesday. Just one day short of twenty weeks from the order. Unfortunately, I won't be able to collect it now for a couple more weeks because of other long standing commitments. Update and maybe pictures shortly. :Thumbs up:

Roy C

My delivery date has been confirmed as a couple of weeks earlier than the provision date I was given of 19th March. I was told by the dealer today that Tuesday 6th March is the earliest I can pick up but have booked an appointment for Sunday 11th since difficult for me to do this during the working week. So this is a smidge under 5 months from order to delivery.