Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Horizon leisure battery

S

sturdyphill

VIP Member
Hi just taken delivery of a 2021 Marco Polo with mbux.

supposedly it has a leisure battery, but I can’t find anywhere where I can see the battery level. Doesn’t look like the horizon has Mbac. Anyone know where I can check that?
Thanks in advance

Grand Tourismo

Hi Sturdyphill and welcome along :Welcome:

Have you downloaded the user guide app? I'm sorry but I don't have a Horizon or the Mbac system so I can't help directly.

The leisure battery is situated below the passenger seat (you can access this by pulling the side pocket off the seat base, lever the top outwards towards you, the bottom is fitted on hooks which lifts up when the top parts) - I'm sure if there is a leisure battery fitted in the Horizon there will also be a system to monitor it within the Mbac.

Let us all know how you get on.

Method7

We have a 2018 horizon, the leisure battery is under the passenger seat. There is no way that I have found to monitor it, I think it runs the sockets in the rear and the lighting (as far as I am aware). I have often thought is it actually doing anything… is it charged…. I guess it’s ok since I have no reason to doubt it, everything it is supposed to run seems to run fine and we often have a fridge running in the car.

Marc o Polo

Hi, Sturdyphill,

I don't have an Horizon but I do have new MP with MBAC. On the MBUX touch display screen, alongside radio, navigation, your vehicle, etc you should see an option called Mercedes Benz Advanced Control, (MBAC), seems to me that is the easiest place to check if you have it.

If it isn't there check your paperwork 'new vehicle offer' and the specification. I have a line item that states MBAC-Mercedes Benz Advanced Control. Hope this helps - and welcome to the site...

Edit Good news on the Horizon. Just looked up 2021 brochure and it is part of the standard package so you will have it included.

Download the app (as GT suggests) and sync using bluetooth. Better get comfy in the vehicle, this can be a bit tricky - I certainly found it hit and miss! But come back here: there's people who can help you with that side of things. There's a thread or two here which explain what to do. But just looking at the date of your post you've probably sussed it all out by now...

AGP

Hi, Sturdyphill,

I don't have an Horizon but I do have new MP with MBAC. On the MBUX touch display screen, alongside radio, navigation, your vehicle, etc you should see an option called Mercedes Benz Advanced Control, (MBAC), seems to me that is the easiest place to check if you have it.

If it isn't there check your paperwork 'new vehicle offer' and the specification. I have a line item that states MBAC-Mercedes Benz Advanced Control. Hope this helps - and welcome to the site...

Edit Good news on the Horizon. Just looked up 2021 brochure and it is part of the standard package so you will have it included.

Download the app (as GT suggests) and sync using bluetooth. Better get comfy in the vehicle, this can be a bit tricky - I certainly found it hit and miss! But come back here: there's people who can help you with that side of things. There's a thread or two here which explain what to do. But just looking at the date of your post you've probably sussed it all out by now...

supposedly it has a leisure battery, but I can’t find anywhere where I can see the battery level. Doesn’t look like the horizon has Mbac. Anyone know where I can check that?
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

AGP

Hi there. I have a Horizon 2018. There is no leisure battery at all. The battery under the passenger seat is the only battery. The thing under the bonnet that looks like a battery isn't a battery - it is just terminals that allow you to connect a solar panel or jump leads or other battery charger. I only discovered this when I got my portable solar panel. There is no monitor for the battery. I have this from my local MB dealer who had to contact a head office somewhere...... Graham

Junglejimsvet

Hi there. I have a Horizon 2018. There is no leisure battery at all. The battery under the passenger seat is the only battery. The thing under the bonnet that looks like a battery isn't a battery - it is just terminals that allow you to connect a solar panel or jump leads or other battery charger. I only discovered this when I got my portable solar panel. There is no monitor for the battery. I have this from my local MB dealer who had to contact a head office somewhere...... Graham
Not sure this is correct:) but things may have changed…. In mine (2021) there are 3 batteries…. Leisure under passenger seat (accessed by panel on side of seat by passenger door) + starter battery under driver seat (accessed by panel on side of seat by driver door) + start stop battery (accessed from pane at rear of driver seat- it’s quite small).

Cheers

JB

AGP

Not sure this is correct:) but things may have changed…. In mine (2021) there are 3 batteries…. Leisure under passenger seat (accessed by panel on side of seat by passenger door) + starter battery under driver seat (accessed by panel on side of seat by driver door) + start stop battery (accessed from pane at rear of driver seat- it’s quite small).

Cheers

JB
Confusing or what? The local MB dealer did show me a print out from a MB technical file so it may well be that things have changed from 2018 to 2021. Sadly I don't have a great deal of confidence in what my local MB dealer says, Graham

Method7

Confusing or what? The local MB dealer did show me a print out from a MB technical file so it may well be that things have changed from 2018 to 2021. Sadly I don't have a great deal of confidence in what my local MB dealer says, Graham
We have a 2018 horizon and it has two batteries under the drivers seat and one under the passenger seat - 3 in total.

S

sturdyphill

VIP Member
An update on this, there is a secondary battery. It does appear to be the same as the full fat Marco Polo from what I’ve read but no way to monitor.

AGP

An update on this, there is a secondary battery. It does appear to be the same as the full fat Marco Polo from what I’ve read but no way to monitor.
So how do you charge the additional battery(s) and what do they power? I am thinking of what my solar panel is charging and what my fridge is powered by and which sockets are powered by which battery. I need to be sure that my solar panel is charging the same battery that is powering my fridge - which ran continuously for 2 weeks last September. Confused I am

Method7

I think all that info is in the manual and I seem to remember that the leisure battery powers the 12v sockets and lights in the rear of the van, also the lights in the pop up roof.