Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all!

vin K

Hi everyone,
this is my first post here, been lurking for a few days to find out more before ordering. Excellent site and thanks to all the contributors who have more knowledge than any of the sales team that I have come across.
We really love the MP and are torn between this or a VW conversion such as Danbury...we need 5 seat but also want the kitchenette (so the Cali is out).

I posted this on another thread just now but realised I hadn't done my introduction yet :)

I have just been told that Mercedes are not placing any new Marco Polo orders (possibly due to the WLTF regulations but no official comment) and are unable to process new orders at all. They also are unable to tell me when they are likely to open the ordering process again. Anyone able to shed more light on this? Phoned two dealers and they have said the same.
Not sure whether to wait or to go to the VW conversion route? We had our hearts set on an MP but not sure about waiting an undefined amount of time..... could be days,weeks or months?Also hard to find a used one with the extra seat, which is essential for us.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BabaJen

Personally I would not go a conversion route if you could have a "built from the wheel nuts upwards" camper.

For a start think of what happens if anything should go wrong with the habitation part? Who repairs it or services it? With the MP the answer is any MB dealer worldwide.

You will have less rattles and things falling apart in something that is totally integrated with the build.

MB are just jumping through the same hoops that VW jumped through when so many Cali owners or prospective owners were left on the end of an infinite delivery string. It will sort itself out eventually, normal service resumed and very quickly become a distant memory.