Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heeting system

Raul

Hi all!
Maybe someone faced a problem like me)
I connected it to the outlet and set the heating to 10 degrees so that it would not be hot at night, but hot air comes out from under the driver's seat ... What could be the problem?
And the second question.
I fold the seats for the bed and one chair does not open completely ... It's hard to sleep (
I will be glad to answer)
Thanks

TMC

Hi Raul

With regard to the seats not reclining together, here is a link to a previous post

Tim

Blackrat

Hi all!
I connected it to the outlet and set the heating to 10 degrees so that it would not be hot at night, but hot air comes out from under the driver's seat ... What could be the problem?
And the second question.
I fold the seats for the bed and one chair does not open completely ... It's hard to sleep (
Thanks
Hi,
There is a wealth of information on this forum but when you need help it’s important to say whether you have a Horizon or a MP with the full kitchen. It’s also useful to know what year your MP is as these bits of information can be useful.

With regards to the seat problem I recently had the same issue which was easily fixed by using the reset button as mentioned above.

Good luck in solving your problems.

oliviercarrier

Hello Raul,
I also experienced the same with hot air coming out below the driver's seat. I believe this is simply because this is supposed to be the stationary heating and unfortunately NOT air conditioning :( With the heatwaves we are experiencing all over Europe these days it makes it almost impossible to sleep at night :(
Has anyone got any suggestions for this?
greetings from Spain!

Raul

Hi,
There is a wealth of information on this forum but when you need help it’s important to say whether you have a Horizon or a MP with the full kitchen. It’s also useful to know what year your MP is as these bits of information can be useful.

With regards to the seat problem I recently had the same issue which was easily fixed by using the reset button as mentioned above.

Good luck in solving your problems.
Thanks for the answer.
I have a 2017 with a full kitchen.
It seems that not only I have such a problem, but also Oliver from Spain
It is strange that there is only heating and not cool air ... I set the temperature to 10 degrees but very hot air comes out ... ((
Outside temperature is 25 degrees...
Maybe there is a solution to this problem?
Thanks for the help)

gvh

Hello Raul,
I also experienced the same with hot air coming out below the driver's seat. I believe this is simply because this is supposed to be the stationary heating and unfortunately NOT air conditioning :( With the heatwaves we are experiencing all over Europe these days it makes it almost impossible to sleep at night :(
Has anyone got any suggestions for this?
greetings from Spain!
I haven't tried the auxilliary heating during this summer on our Horizon, but I'm not surprised about this behaviour as it only ever seems to blow for us when actually heating. It would be nice if there were a "hack" to just activate the fan without the heating going, maybe some bright spark can think of something here?

Having just returned from the scorching south of France, we had some success by rigging up a small USB fan attached to a length of flexible piping duct which allows us to bring some cooler air from the top bed down to the lower bed. In colder conditions, I've reversed this so that we pipe air up from the lower auxilliary heater outlet back up top to keep the kids a bit warmer.

It is by no means a complete solution however and can only help to cool stuff down to the ambient temperature. It would be great if there existed a really compact air conditioner that we could directly use from mains power or leisure battery, but I haven't found a suitable one yet.

oliviercarrier

I have also bought a mini cooling system and connected it to the second battery using an 12V-220V inversor from Dometic. It is better than nothing but definitely not the best solution... I was willing to install Solar Panels in order to use some kind of an Air conditioning system but I still haven't found the ideal solution.
It seems like the MP is more suited for cold temperatures than hot ones?!

Raul

I will go to a very good master on Tuesday and try to solve this problem!)
I will write how I will have some kind of decision or not)))

Raul

Hi all!
Yesterday I was at the master and found out that only hot air is blowing and no options! But!!! He also offered me an interesting option!
Connect the power to the original climate and you can also use 220 volts!
You will need to put an additional toggle switch!
And that will be cool!
That is, it can work at least all night if there is 220 volt power from the original panel!
I am doing this and as soon as I have more information I will send photos of how it looks and what they did!)
Now they are doing a project and deciding how to do it all so that it would be beautiful and like in the original!)
Have a nice day everyone!)

briand

Hi all!
And the second question.
Thanks
Although it does not answer the question as to a cool air setting, I wonder if other MP owners find that using the warm air heater when stationary does cause fumes to enter the vehicle even with all windows closed?