Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting the AUX battery to work?

RolandCz

Hello Marco Polo Club!

My name is Roland and this is my 1st post as I just purchased a second hand 2017 Activity (no sink, dual slidind doors) from a dealer in Brisbane Australia (I live in Sydney now) and it seems that these vans are not very common in Australia (surprisingly) as the dealers seem to know very little about it.

Anyhow, while the secondary battery is in the van, it doesnt seem to be working because the 12V sockets don't charge anything once the car is turned off and the key is out of the ignition. The dealer local to me seems to think that this is something that has to be turned on or activated outside of Mercedes and the supplements but I have references some fuses around the singing to get it starred in?

So im hoping someone can answer me I am whether or not this a jury dilution be working as standard, so right from Mercedes or is the norm to go see an Auto Electrician to check it out and get it going?

Thanking everyone in advance for their help.

Kind regards,
Roland

caMPike

Check 12V sockets inside of cup holders behind to sliding doors, these should works even when key is off, the same for USB at dashboard.
12V sockets bellow dashboard and in trunk works only with the key is on.... that way works my MPA YOM 2019

Check 12V sockets inside of cup holders behind to sliding doors, these should works even when key is off, the same for USB at dashboard.
12V sockets bellow dashboard and in trunk works only with the key is on.... that way works my MPA YOM 2019

I don't think that's the case, certainly not on the regular MP.

The 12V and below dash USBs work on mine for a little bit, or until you open / shut the door and then they power down.

Spike

Hi Roland,
Did you ever get to the bottom of this one, i.e. get the 12V rear sockets to work while the van is switched off? I have a 2017 MP Activity and today as I tried to plug in my new fridge realised I am facing exactly the issue you describe! Thanks in advance for any info.
Cheers,
Spike

Spike

Hello Friends,

I am putting this out there again, as I can't quite believe nobody else has faced this issue ?

My Van:

Marco Polo Activity (i.e. as Roland in Australia puts it , the one with “no sink”), 2017 build, inside like a Vito not a V-Class.

My issue:

Rear cigarette lighters not providing power when key not in the ignition (result being I can’t power my compressor fridge when I am not in the van).

My Questions:

Can it be right that the rear cigarette lighter sockets only work when the key is in the ignition?

If that is the case this seems like a terrible design flaw.

The lights in the roof work without a key in the ignition, why not the cigarette lighters?

One would have thought the whole idea of having 2 batteries would be to be able to run stuff off the second battery when not moving ?

Is this maybe simply a setting issue, is there a way to “fix” this ?

Any experience, help, advice on the topic would be most welcome!

Best,

Spike

StevieG

Hi Spike,

If it’s any consolation, on the full fat Marco Polo (with sink) the cigarette lighter socket in the rear (tailgate one) only works with ignition; also the 3pin socket next to the sink in the main cabin only works with a hook up electric supply connected. Neither works from the auxiliary battery … although the built in fridge does!

There’s logic … and then there’s Mercedes-Benz logic

Steve

caMPike

Hello Friends,

I am putting this out there again, as I can't quite believe nobody else has faced this issue ?

My Van:

Marco Polo Activity (i.e. as Roland in Australia puts it , the one with “no sink”), 2017 build, inside like a Vito not a V-Class.

My issue:

Rear cigarette lighters not providing power when key not in the ignition (result being I can’t power my compressor fridge when I am not in the van).

My Questions:

Can it be right that the rear cigarette lighter sockets only work when the key is in the ignition?

If that is the case this seems like a terrible design flaw.

The lights in the roof work without a key in the ignition, why not the cigarette lighters?

One would have thought the whole idea of having 2 batteries would be to be able to run stuff off the second battery when not moving ?

Is this maybe simply a setting issue, is there a way to “fix” this ?

Any experience, help, advice on the topic would be most welcome!

Best,

Spike
Have the same with MarcoPolo Activity YOM2919
the rear socket works only with key on. There are another 2 sockets located on side in bottle-holder next to sliding doors, both left and right work indepently even with key turned off - the righ source for your fridge

Spike

Hi caMPike, Thanks for the reply.

The sockets I was referring to are precisely the 2 sockets located on side in bottle-holder next to sliding doors.

With mine, neither work without the key in the ignition. But yours do, so there is hope!

My MP Activity is a 2017 build on Vito Base. Maybe that is the difference?

I am due to go to the garage to sort out a problem with the roof anyway so I will ask again and see if this is a setting issue after all ?

Cheers,
Spike

They sometimes will work for a time without the key in the ignition but while the car is 'active'. It'll drop in to a sleep state at some point and 12v sockets turn off. e.g. if you open a door, close it and lock the car.

Seems pretty standard MB behaviour. Sockets are set up as if it's a car, not a campervan, none of them are powered from the leisure battery at all.