Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Equipment Service

Thomo

Happy New Year to All.
I am new to the group having purchased our Marco Polo mid Dec 22.
Reading the manual it mentions about getting the Gas equipment / burners / pipework etc checked I guess for 'soundness' every 2 years.
Can anybody advise as to where or who would offer this service as I would expect a Mercedes main dealer would not.

Blackrat

Hi,
We recently sold our MP but to be honest I never had the gas system serviced. My reasoning was that there is only the hob which we never really used much.
If you want to get it checked then you are correct in your assumption that Merc dealers would be hopeless.
However I am sure that any caravan/motorhome workshop could perform a safety check, they just wouldn’t be authorised to do any warranty work.
Alternatively Google the Approved Workshop Scheme for caravans/motor homes. They have a network of approved mobile engineers who should be able to help. The benefits are that they are cheaper, they come to you and you can oversee the work.

Last edited:

Steve B

Hello and Welcome; same answer for me as Blackrat, there is a thread on here somewhere about habitation checks that motorhome's have and cost a couple of hundred pounds. We cook mainly outside and use the internal hob for heating water, but infrequently. I've got a CO2 monitor, I check the hob for faults and the van is pretty well ventilated especially with the top up. Don't bother with MB dealers, they struggle with the V class bit!

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
Happy New Year to All.
I am new to the group having purchased our Marco Polo mid Dec 22.
Reading the manual it mentions about getting the Gas equipment / burners / pipework etc checked I guess for 'soundness' every 2 years.
Can anybody advise as to where or who would offer this service as I would expect a Mercedes main dealer would not.
Had mine 6 months, previous owner 2 years, never been serviced, nor do i think you need to.