Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front wheels - excessive Inside Tyre Wear

Deco

10000 miles into a new set of tyres and the front wheels have already shredded the inside tyre edge. I took the MP to Mercedes-Benz in Peterborough to check the wheel alignment and apparently there is nothing wrong with it on all 4 wheels.
Clocked 31000 miles and already gone through two sets of tyres.
Does anyone else has this issue? If yes, what was the solution?
Thanks

handsonfree

Yes I have the same. Normally I drive with my tyres around 40.000Km (22.500Mi) but now with the new marco Polo I stuck with 17.000Km ( 10.000Mi) and the tyres are totaly gone.
So I went to my MB Garage , and they told me that this is not normal and now they gone messure my car. I look forward what the result is

Deco

Yes I have the same. Normally I drive with my tyres around 40.000Km (22.500Mi) but now with the new marco Polo I stuck with 17.000Km ( 10.000Mi) and the tyres are totaly gone.
So I went to my MB Garage , and they told me that this is not normal and now they gone messure my car. I look forward what the result is
Thank you! Please keep us updated.
On an A6 I clocked over 40000miles on a set of similar brand tyres (smaller size obviously).....

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
MB Peterborough use Apex tyres in Werrington for all things tyres for the Marco Polo. I now dodge the lovely dealer (rude expensive and not interested! Now out of Warrenty) for all things - especially tyres and wheels.

Apex tyres in werrington Peterborough are my chosen tyre experts - they were brilliant and fitted some Maxxis AS AP3’s to the van- chunky tyre, much better wear for the weight of van and significantly cheaper than MB

Steve B

Have a look on search for a couple of threads on this, which are helpful. I now run my tyres at 45 psi, which is high, but I'm at 36k miles and still have plenty of tread across the full width of the tyres (second set). My fronts did scrub on the edges before I changed them, currently the wear is even. No issues with handling/performance/fuel consumption. Avon's on now and look like they will run longer than the original continentals.

Deco

Have a look on search for a couple of threads on this, which are helpful. I now run my tyres at 45 psi, which is high, but I'm at 36k miles and still have plenty of tread across the full width of the tyres (second set). My fronts did scrub on the edges before I changed them, currently the wear is even. No issues with handling/performance/fuel consumption. Avon's on now and look like they will run longer than the original continentals.
Thanks. Will try that.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Interesting result from Peterborough - wear on only 1 edge typically indicates mis-alignment...

Been using Apex for over 20 years now - they are v good and one of the few places I trust to do alignment.

handsonfree

I have put on new tyres, all weather and drive them on 3.45 kpa.
The tyre dealer line-up my car and severall things where out of allignment.
So everything is set for 100% in line and they guaratee me at least 35k km with Hankook tyres.
So this is much better than the 17k km I have done with my pirelly tyres before

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
10000 miles into a new set of tyres and the front wheels have already shredded the inside tyre edge. I took the MP to Mercedes-Benz in Peterborough to check the wheel alignment and apparently there is nothing wrong with it on all 4 wheels.
Clocked 31000 miles and already gone through two sets of tyres.
Does anyone else has this issue? If yes, what was the solution?
Thanks
I managed to get 25,000 miles out of one set, went to ASDA tyres great value and fitted on my own drive.

handsonfree

Goes to a good tyre shop and let aligne the car.
I have had the same, by MB they say nothing was wrong and on the align machine 3 of 4 tyres are not good.
So dont believe what people say and let align the car