Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front cup holders on early Marcos

Philmop

Hi all,
Having an early Marco without the drink holders between the front seats got me thinking at the weekend. Aside from Marco Polos I also have a bit of a fetish for Land Rover Defenders. So.... when doing a general garage tidy up I uncovered a Defender 'centre tray' that sits betwen the front seats. One look and I reckoned it may be a close fit.... on closer inspection it is a PERFECT FIT !!! No bolt down required, it is a snug fit.. A little bit of lining the drawers and cup holders with left over Land Rover carpet... and Bob's your uncle ! Looks like it always has been there! One last upgrade ordered today is a 44mm Merc bonnet badge ( for <£10) that will hide the faint Land Rover logo embosed in the plastic nearest the front.
The biggest benefit is that both front seats swivel perfectly with this in place
So the cost of the upgrade ?? To me so far nothing.. I had the Land Rover part...... to you... look on ebay and you can buy a tray for arounf £20. No tools required.... 10 seconds labour to fit... no squeaks or rattles.... seats spin around... and add a Merc badge for £10 if you're a snob like me :cool:
Job done !

20201116_121333.jpg

Defender1

Thanks, we ordered one of these from ebay.....£20 including delivery and it fits perfectly and doesn't intrude on the night heater inlet either. After a bit of a scrub (it has come out of a 20 yr old Defender!) we are very happy. Thanks for the tip!