Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge stopped working- any ideas?

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
My fridge has stopped working on my 2018 Van (even after the replacement sensor last autumn) and the dealer remains unable /unwilling to help

Does anyone know the fridge supplier detail (I hear it’s a dometic unit) and where I can go (apart from the main dealer) to get it repaired

Also does my one know where the main fridge fuse is in the van….?

I am in Cambridgeshire

Thanks

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
My fridge has stopped working on my 2018 Van (even after the replacement sensor last autumn) and the dealer remains unable /unwilling to help

Does anyone know the fridge supplier detail (I hear it’s a dometic unit) and where I can go (apart from the main dealer) to get it repaired

Also does my one know where the main fridge fuse is in the van….?

I am in Cambridgeshire

Thanks
Hi Phil - the fuses for the "camping" systems are below the fridge (you need to move the rear seat forwards to see them). You're right, it is a dometic fridge and the link to their service system is Yes | Dometic - looks like an Agent is in the Deepings

I'm in Cambridgeshire too - dare I ask which dealer you've been using?

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
Thanks very much for the update…. I have been using Peterborough Mercedes Benz up to last Autumn when the warranty expired and they suddenly were unable to support their product….

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
So….

the MB dometic fridge is back not working after sensor replaced at the end of last season?

on closer investigation there is an unconnected brown cable in the top RHS of the above photo…anybody know whether that should be connected to something (and if so into what? ) ………(and whether that would make the fridge actually work??)

I have checked the fridge blue fuse (15a) and all ok as far as I can see

thanks in advance

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
Closer images of the detached (?) brown connection

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    990.6 KB · Views: 19

Van Diesel

il bet ya it could very well be, that u just need to plug that back in.
The problem is where...maybe some other 2018 member can help u out with a pic.
i could guess it might be F, but im no expert.

the blue and red wires look like 12v the brown and black could be the inverted power... like 120v, 240v.
*It seems the fridges on these babies use an inverter and so are not true 12v.

so in short the brown wire is probably the FASE from the inverted power. which probably goes to the compressor or whatever.

u need a expert or a pic,,

GL

Last edited:

Graham K

Just seen this post. Here are a couple of pics from my MP showing the only brown cable in the fridge area. This is connected into the side of the black block (relay?) at the bottom of the row of connectors. I hope these help and get your fridge working. Let me know if pics aren't clear enough and I will try to take better ones.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
Graham - you are a star. Brown to black box worked perfectly. Fridge working and beers chilled…thanks for the support..much appreciated

J

j200george

VIP Member
^^i wonder how it became detached on the first place. Well done both, first place I’ll look if I ever have issues.