Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge playing up

Grand Tourismo

Good morning,
Just come to set off for a day out and the fridge is playing up (or battery)
Car is running but I get the low battery sign on the control unit when trying to switch the fridge on....anything basic I am missing?

Attachments

• B7054D19-DEA1-4970-B161-E38E85C44592.jpeg
    B7054D19-DEA1-4970-B161-E38E85C44592.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
  • C22C3720-FABE-4776-9658-E3E24F8C1C07.jpeg
    C22C3720-FABE-4776-9658-E3E24F8C1C07.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12

Method7

Sorry GT I can’t answer your question but recognise that Bose Mini Soundlink we have two and If we are away in the van mine is never far from us. Great speaker lasts for ages and mine seems pretty indestructible..

James G

Same thing happened to me. Once I charged up the auxillary fully it was fine again. I think the functioning is related to how much charge is in the battery when the engine is off.

Grand Tourismo

Sorry GT I can’t answer your question but recognise that Bose Mini Soundlink we have two and If we are away in the van mine is never far from us. Great speaker lasts for ages and mine seems pretty indestructible..
Great little speaker, can I ask do you manage to charge it from the USB in the van or the usual 240v plug in base system? (I would like to ditch the charging base interface, but I can't seem to get the USB charge side to work)

Grand Tourismo

To complete this thread I think I have worked out what was going on.

I am running a 200w solar panel and NOT on the 240v EHU...since February this has been sufficient to run the fridge 24/7 without reducing battery power if required.
Edit: not that I have run the fridge 24/7 since February, but in terms of power consumption I could have...if you get my drift.

I had to turn the fridge up to power level 4 in order to combat the excessive heat in the van (black van, windows closed, direct sun).
The inside of the van was reaching up to 40c, the fridge was reading 4c...so you can imagine it was working hard full time.
Whilst the solar panel can keep up with the fridge demand during normal temperatures, say 25c in the van and 6-8c in the fridge, it can't provide enough power to keep up with the fridge demand 24/7 and as such depleted the leisure battery over a period of 2/3 days.

I gave the car a good run, it needed about 2 hours driving to bring the leisure battery up to a decent enough standard to be able to kick the fridge in again and all seems well now.

What I would say is that the fridge works well as a cool box if needed....line the bottom/sides with some ice packs and away you go!

Thanks all for dipping in :Thumbs up:

Last edited:

Method7

Great little speaker, can I ask do you manage to charge it from the USB in the van or the usual 240v plug in base system? (I would like to ditch the charging base interface, but I can't seem to get the USB charge side to work)
I have the later version the soundlink II (black) which I think they changed to 5v and it charges on the base and via the micro USB, I will check the older one we have but I seem to remember it only charges via the base. They also changed the interface on the base so they are not interchangeable..

I will check and let you know, we have a horizon so there is no 240v supply.

Method7

The inside of the van was reaching up to 40c, the fridge was reading 4c...so you can imagine it was working hard full time.
Hey GT I fitted some wind deflectors to the front windows and discovered you could leave them open just 10-15mm when it’s hot, from outside you’d never know they were open. Our MP seems a little cooler and breathes better when we sleep with the roof down. They also keep the rain out when the window is within the area coverd by them. Only like £35 on e-bay.

Attachments

• 7B43D3B3-E010-45C6-9179-CF74495CDD11.jpeg
    7B43D3B3-E010-45C6-9179-CF74495CDD11.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 9
  • D8F03F0A-B85E-4334-853B-956C6B4F5B43.jpeg
    D8F03F0A-B85E-4334-853B-956C6B4F5B43.jpeg
    633.3 KB · Views: 9
Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Hey GT I fitted some wind deflectors to the front windows and discovered you could leave them open just 10-15mm when it’s hot, from outside you’d never know they were open. Our MP seems a little cooler and breathes better when we sleep with the roof down. They also keep the rain out when the window is within the area coverd by them. Only like £35 on e-bay.

Great for counteracting condensation when you sleep in the van, especially if you travel with a dog, they seem to generate a lot of fug

Talking of dogs I have a couple of these in different lengths used in combination with the wind deflectors they can give a cooling air flow through the van. Locking and alarm work as normal.

Grand Tourismo

Oh, I like them!

Grand Tourismo

Great for counteracting condensation when you sleep in the van, especially if you travel with a dog, they seem to generate a lot of fug

Talking of dogs I have a couple of these in different lengths used in combination with the wind deflectors they can give a cooling air flow through the van. Locking and alarm work as normal.
I like these tailgate locks as well....I think the dogs create "fug" (fug = dog fog, I like the new word!) because they do not sweat like us vile humans....all their excess water escapes via the breath (panting) or through the paws.
( Fug can be used in some other interesting combinations, works well with opposite of "on" as a more friendly expletive!)

Method7

I have the later version the soundlink II (black) which I think they changed to 5v….
I will check and let you know, we have a horizon so there is no 240v supply.
Just checked, as suspected the first soundlink mini is 12v so you could just pick up a normal car adapter that fits the base and charge it from that.

Grand Tourismo

Just checked, as suspected the first soundlink mini is 12v so you could just pick up a normal car adapter that fits the base and charge it from that.
I thought so, but I have tried with no success...I am using the USB slot here on the base, is this the right one?IMG_7887.jpg

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I like these tailgate locks as well....I think the dogs create "fug" (fug = dog fog, I like the new word!) because they do not sweat like us vile humans....all their excess water escapes via the breath (panting) or through the paws.
( Fug can be used in some other interesting combinations, works well with opposite of "on" as a more friendly expletive!)

Yep, Fug is also exacerbated after a wet walk:eek:

This is the 150mm Vent Lock I also have the 100mm

Vent Lock 1.jpg

Vent Lock.jpg

Method7

I thought so, but I have tried with no success...I am using the USB slot here on the base, is this the right one.
No I think that in the case of your early soundlink this is for flashing the software, it’s purely for maintenance…

what you need is the base and something like this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291856450410

on the later soundlink 2 they moved that micro USB to the side so it can be charged and used at the same time.