Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First 1 night practise

Shauny

Shauny

VIP Member
Hi, super excited going on my first true overnight in my MP. My first run was driving to Whitby with my wife and mum however stayed in a hotel. . So I am booking a site in Cardiff that says electric and water hook up. I have the electric hook up what do I need for the water sorry for the simple questions,

Shauny

Roy C

Hi, super excited going on my first true overnight in my MP. My first run was driving to Whitby with my wife and mum however stayed in a hotel. . So I am booking a site in Cardiff that says electric and water hook up. I have the electric hook up what do I need for the water sorry for the simple questions,

Shauny
You won’t need the water hook up. Just fill your water tank before you go. You won’t run out after only one night

Blackrat

We only travel with a small amount of water in the tank for emergencies and fill up on arrival. I don’t see the point in traveling with all the extra weight.
I have a flat hose that rolls up really small, bought from a camping shop for use on site.

Roy C

We only travel with a small amount of water in the tank for emergencies and fill up on arrival. I don’t see the point in traveling with all the extra weight.
I have a flat hose that rolls up really small, bought from a camping shop for use on site.
I fill up before I go but also take a small hose and a collapsible water container if I don't want to move the van. The important thing with the hose is to get a food-grade / food-safe hose - this is suitable for drinking water

Blackrat

I fill up before I go but also take a small hose and a collapsible water container if I don't want to move the van. The important thing with the hose is to get a food-grade / food-safe hose - this is suitable for drinking water
The hose I use was part of an aqua source kit for automatically topping up a caravan aqua roll when on a serviced pitch so it is food grade.
However you only need food grade if you intend drinking from the van tap. In which case it’s important to sterilise the tank on a regular basis.
We tend to fill the kettle direct from the site tap and drink bottled water just to be safe.

Roy C

The hose I use was part of an aqua source kit for automatically topping up a caravan aqua roll when on a serviced pitch so it is food grade.
However you only need food grade if you intend drinking from the van tap. In which case it’s important to sterilise the tank on a regular basis.
We tend to fill the kettle direct from the site tap and drink bottled water just to be safe.
Yep, the comment about food grade was really for the benefit of the OP and his question. We do fill the kettle from the internal tank so I do sterilise on a regular basis. It’s also why I fill at home before I go, I know where my tap has been but I am not sure about site taps. Still if the tank runs out, which it does for us, as a couple, after four days, then I will fill from the site taps; it is camping after all, not the Ritz :)

Shauny

Shauny

VIP Member
Thanks for all the replies Cardiff here I come

Shauny

Shauny

VIP Member
So back from Cardiff camping site had a wonderful tine . My MP is so comfortable better nights sleep than at home .

can anyone advise on best 2 bike rack to get thanks