Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra leisure battery

1whitesamurai

wheres the best place in the car to install an extra leisure battery ? Any advice is helpful.
I’m also interested in solar panels in combination with both batteries of course.

Last edited:
Get a goal zero yeti and keep it between the front seats goal zero will supply you a yeti 1000 lithium and 12v charge cable it incorporates a 1500 watt pure wave inverter,230 volts anywhere, no hook up in fact you can wire it so it plugs straight in to the leisure battery to charge, it has solar input on it so you can literally pull up whip out your panel plug it into a Anderson connector charge you battery of solar and have 1500 watt 230v plus you can charge it while you drive with 12v cable supplied by goal zero trust me it beats any extra battery

GeorgeG

wheres the best place in the car to install an extra leisure battery ? Any advice is helpful.
I’m also interested in solar panels in combination with both batteries of course.

I had a solar panel fitted by SolarCamperSolutions in Taunton. I know Roger will ship abroad and provides full instructions. It’s really pretty straightforward. Check out the website.

I previously had a solar panel on a Westfalia converted Fiat Ducato and it worked very well. In fact, I did not hook-up for the first 8 weeks I had the van. This van had two leisure batteries and although the MP only has one, the solar panel makes a huge difference and gives you the ability to wild camp more frequently and for longer.

GeorgeG

Thanks for your input George how is your panel fixed to the roof if you don't mind me asking ?

It’s clamped to the roof rails so there is no drilling holes. When removed you shouldn’t notice it’s been there. Unfortunately, mine will have to come off soon when I have a new roof in June (blisters!). I think there are some photos of the installation on the SolarSolutions website. Roger, whose company it is, photographed the installation of my panel as I was the first MP he did. He has a lot of experience installing panels on Californias. There’s plenty of info on the California forum.

1whitesamurai

I had a solar panel fitted by SolarCamperSolutions in Taunton. I know Roger will ship abroad and provides full instructions. It’s really pretty straightforward. Check out the website.

I previously had a solar panel on a Westfalia converted Fiat Ducato and it worked very well. In fact, I did not hook-up for the first 8 weeks I had the van. This van had two leisure batteries and although the MP only has one, the solar panel makes a huge difference and gives you the ability to wild camp more frequently and for longer.
Yes I have the same one on my Cali’, it works really well with my 2 leisure batteries!

The goal zero looks like a good solution except the space it takes up.
I will look more into a similar lithium battery with the same size as the .org battery, then it doesn’t take more space in the car, but I’ll have power for a longer time.
Thanks.