Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended warranty

Grand Tourismo

Just checked the renewal cost for the connectivity package (which includes the tracker), £679 for three years. You have to admire the marketing people at MB, how to hook you in then sting you!
Does that also keep the nav updated? or is that an extra....although nowadays I tend to use my phone with live traffic as nav

Andofire

The MP has a two year service cycle. Unless I have for things completely wrong?
You are right
That’s why I didn’t think the service plan was good. You’ll only get 1service on a 2 year plan.. very costly. The service plans are not really value for vehicles on a 2 year service cycle.
worth looking at approved service centres

Grand Tourismo

You are right
That’s why I didn’t think the service plan was good. You’ll only get 1service on a 2 year plan.. very costly. The service plans are not really value for vehicles on a 2 year service cycle.
worth looking at approved service centres
Not sure about that Andofire...I am fairly certain that the service plan you buy is for two services irrespective of when they become due.
And given how costs are going up around us maybe "hedging" the price of your future two services is a good idea!

Tee

Just had the first service B (£875). The first B service has a transmission oil and filters service which is then needed evert 75k miles by the look of it (£300 or so of the cost).

Was told that the interval was 1 year (the car and the App and the web say 2 years). They suggested service plan which is 12m includes 2 services (so that would be an A and a B I guess) but the cost now is £80 per month. I think the V Class service plan is aimed at high mileage chauffeur type. Our van is relatively low mileage.

Grand Tourismo

Just had the first service B (£875). The first B service has a transmission oil and filters service which is then needed evert 75k miles by the look of it (£300 or so of the cost).

Was told that the interval was 1 year (the car and the App and the web say 2 years). They suggested service plan which is 12m includes 2 services (so that would be an A and a B I guess) but the cost now is £80 per month. I think the V Class service plan is aimed at high mileage chauffeur type. Our van is relatively low mileage.
Hi Tee,

My MB dealer also thought it was a 1yr service interval until I questioned it and they looked into it - it is definitely variable and defined by your on-board computer, so two years.
The service pack is good value when you think that and A & B service is probably around £1000 / £1100, so if you plan to keep your vehicle more than two years you are on a winner.
The B service is a bit of a hit, but mine, carried out by Peterborough MB, was a couple of hundred quid cheaper than you were charged. Might be worth just double checking that charge.

If you ask me it shouldn't be this way but each dealer sets their own labour rate and as such there can be quite some disparity in price - shop around people!

Craig

Hi, Thought Id share my approach on extended warranty after looking around. I have just signed up for a motoreasy warranty. Its a Plan A lite which makes it cheaper than the full Plan A but means it doesn't cover problems found during mot or service - you can see the full cover here https://www.motoreasy.com/files/documents/15410-ME_PolicyDocuments_LiteWarranty-A-211118.pdf

It doesn't come into effect until August which is when my MP goes out of its 3 year warranty but it was a good offer of 3 years for the price of 2 and paid interest free with monthly payments over the first 12 months of the warranty. I have to maintain services and mot's when they are due to ensure that the warranty remains valid. In addition I reduced the excess to £0 and asked to include garages of my choice which is in addition to their UK network of 10000 garages however it does not include main dealer garages. The cost is a total of £658.68 for the 3 years

I am not offering advice to anyone but just wanted to share as a consideration should you be looking