Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excessive noise from near side rear of MP

PamJ

Hi everyone
I get the feeling this owners club is going to be invaluable. The Mercedes dealers seem a bit green on the camper side of the vehicle as it’s all new to them.
Collected my AMG yesterday. When engine running there is excessive noise as though a fan running from the rear passenger side close to floor level. Can’t find anything running that shouldn’t be etc Has anyone else noticed this. There’s no gas bottle in the locker on that side yet.
The little manual says use Camping Gaz 907 gas cylinder can I just check that some of you are using Butane 3.8 kg cylinder.

mptripsaway

Re the noise that you describe, could it be the water pump running? Check water tap is off at sink.
There is an a/c intake in rear left wall below parcel shelf, only other thing that I can think of would be the fridge although I haven't experienced any noise from mine.

I use the 907 gas bottle.

Last edited:

WILLH

Sounds like the shower is switched on(you can see the switch and attachment when the boot is open on the passenger side rear by the gas bottle)If the switch is on and no shower lead attached the pump just runs which could be the noise you describe.

WILLH

I thought shower had to be connected for pump to run so as to prevent accidental flooding of van interior? I haven't tried it though.

No,the pump runs but nothing comes out of the connector if the shower attachment is not fitted-it must have a safety valve built in the connector to prevent flooding.

Hi. The noise sounds like the rear a/c. Don't have manual with me at present, but from memory (not as good as it once was) you can adjust it by fiddling with the (silver) ventilation buttons - you press one of them twice and it gives you control of the rear at which point you can adjust the speed. Stopped mine from sounding less like a harrier jump jet taking off.

Re the gas, am resisting the temptation to refer to the noise from the rear as described above. Oh darn it I failed. I went to local decent BBQ shop and got think it was the 907 bottle. Think in region of £80 for bottle and the gas.

PamJ

Hi. The noise sounds like the rear a/c. Don't have manual with me at present, but from memory (not as good as it once was) you can adjust it by fiddling with the (silver) ventilation buttons - you press one of them twice and it gives you control of the rear at which point you can adjust the speed. Stopped mine from sounding less like a harrier jump jet taking off.

Re the gas, am resisting the temptation to refer to the noise from the rear as described above. Oh darn it I failed. I went to local decent BBQ shop and got think it was the 907 bottle. Think in region of £80 for bottle and the gas.
Thank you. Turns out that my Harrier jump jet issue was climate control full pelt in rear of vehicle although no AC light on & moral of the story is don’t collect your new MP just before it gets dark in the freezing cold & accept very brief handover without finding out exactly what settings have been left roaring away by the workshop/dealer.
2 hour drive with a lot of new vehicle fumes & Harrier sound effects was an interesting start.
Thanks everyone for helping me work through it.

Katie

Good point re eBay. There are some companies that deliver direct - they are gas suppliers - but it depends where you are and where they are.

BabaJen

Almost any camping shop will have 907 bottles, you can also go online at campinggaz.com and use a dealer search. Very useful to me when my bottle ran out on Anglesey, found a dealer 300 yards away:D

My local "deliver to your door" dealer, gasbottlesdirect.com also deliver to Kent. A bit expensive for 907 but they provide for my caravan and are excellent.

Last edited: