Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Essentials?

Trevsked

Not had my MP long and plan a night away possibly next week. I’ve got the gas bottle and hookup cable so what other essentials should I be thinking about? Need some very basic cooking equipment just for the fun of it as will no doubt eat out 99% of the time, a small heater and thinking I’ll just take some bottled water rather than fill the tank and have to empty it again. Any advice welcome.

Trevor.

RFT

Loo rolls.
Wine.
Bottle opener.
Wine glasses.
Beer.
Decent windscreen and door screens cover.
Goosedown duvet.

Last edited:

Graham

As advised elsewhere, give things a try before you go mad buying things. You learn a lot even on one night away. We used the supplied windscreen curtain for our first night away at the weekend. It did what it had to do - stopped people seeing the missus in her jammies! It's a bit of a faff. Had turned the seats round, then realised you need to have the sun visor folded forward, so took a bit of footering. It's all suckers and elastic bands. You get more condensation as the windows aren't insulated. I'm going to wait and see how much I really don't like it, or will be out in the cold before going the whole hog. The biggest downside of the outside one I could think of was that it was pouring down in the morning and I was glad not to be outside folding up a wet cover. Might all change though!

Graham

P.S. I am not disagreeing with RFT on this, merely offering a suggestion, but I agree 100% with him on everything else! Oh, and find a campsite with a pub close by.

Dundry

Ive actually found the supplied screen/curtain very good. Folds away easily, ok to fit once you get the hang of it, good light blocker and not had any condensation problems so far (I have always slept up top which has vents). I’d rather invest in a good duvet and use the heater if necessary than buy bulky screens and covers. I may change my mind when it gets really cold!