Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive-Away awnings fittings

Wandering Hearts

Wandering Hearts

VIP Member
Hi we are new to the camper van fraternity and are just learning but having just acquired a great Marco Polo 250D we are looking now to have a drive away awning. We have foiund a Vango awning that suits that comes with:

"Over-vehicle webbing straps, pre-attached 6mm kador strip, sleeve for pole and clamp (pole and clamp not included), roof bar attachment tabs"

I know there is an awning rail on each side of the MP but not sure what to get to fit to that rail and to the awning so we can leave behind for the day when we go off site. Is it just a 6mm kador strip or do we need a figure of 8? I have no clue can anyone help?

thespoddy

You need a double edged kador strip and the hard plastic figure of 8. You need to make sure the figure of 8 fits the awning and the kador strip fits the van then the figure of 8 and kador strip need to connect. I think there are 2 sizes 6mm and 8mm. I think the van is 8mm but I’m not sure.

Wandering Hearts

Wandering Hearts

VIP Member
Thank you.

I could only see 4mm and 6mm in online shops

thespoddy

Ah maybe that’s it, 4mm and 6mm. In that case you probably need 6mm for both parts. I knew it was the thicker of the two!

Wandering Hearts

Wandering Hearts

VIP Member
Thanks thespoddy can anyone else confirm the measurement of the awning rail? :confused:

Wandering Hearts

Wandering Hearts

VIP Member
So another novice question the kador strip has arrived and 6mm fits the rail OK do you now cut this strip to the length of the rail or have the excess bit sticking out? My tendency for neatness is to trim it but am I missing something? Will I regret doing that?

SteveR

So another novice question the kador strip has arrived and 6mm fits the rail OK do you now cut this strip to the length of the rail or have the excess bit sticking out? My tendency for neatness is to trim it but am I missing something? Will I regret doing that?
The answer is either. It doesn't really matter as the excess doesn't do a lot. You may wish to wait until you fit your awning though as you may find the excess, with excess figure of eight strip, may provide a little extra support or neatness depending how wide your awning kador strip is

thespoddy

I would leave it a bit long. When it’s all connected up things tend to move around so keeping it long ensures it’s still fully attached if things slide to one side a bit.