Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dogs in Marco Polo

S

Sand

VIP Member
Hi. We are new owners of a MP and have a golden retriever. We’re also looking at ways to ensure our GR travels safe. We have the lashing kit eyes that fit in the C rails which we’re thinking may be a way of securing a dog lead or harness to. When we do camp the lashing eye will be useful to attach a lead to so our boy doesn’t decide to go walk about.

Hi. We are new owners of a MP and have a golden retriever. We’re also looking at ways to ensure our GR travels safe. We have the lashing kit eyes that fit in the C rails which we’re thinking may be a way of securing a dog lead or harness to. When we do camp the lashing eye will be useful to attach a lead to so our boy doesn’t decide to go walk about.
Yes that’s what I was thinking. Just looking for a double ended lead that is the right length. We are taking on a rescue dog who will be a bit too big to sit on the bench seats so we Want to keep him on the floor. Also looking for a suitable protective cover for the bench seat in case he tries to jump up. We will still need to use the bed when camping so don’t want anything too fiddly to put on or remove.

S

Sand

VIP Member
Yes that’s what I was thinking. Just looking for a double ended lead that is the right length. We are taking on a rescue dog who will be a bit too big to sit on the bench seats so we Want to keep him on the floor. Also looking for a suitable protective cover for the bench seat in case he tries to jump up. We will still need to use the bed when camping so don’t want anything too fiddly to put on or remove.
We have a HALTI double ended lead. It’s 2m long so to long to attach to the C rail eyes but good enough to use as a lead when parked up. In fact I would use two leads clipped together to make it longer as I don’t like the plastic staked ones that seem to always wrap around my GR legs. I’ve found a shorter double ended detachable dog lead which is attached to one main lead used for two dogs on amazon. It looks like it extends in length so may work if attached to a dog harness which is the preferred and safest way to retrain dogs. I’m yet to use a dog harness as our Goldie was always contained in the boot with a car guard. He’s probably going to dislike but safer than lead attached to collar. Let me know if you find another solution.

S

Sand

VIP Member
We have a HALTI double ended lead. It’s 2m long so to long to attach to the C rail eyes but good enough to use as a lead when parked up. In fact I would use two leads clipped together to make it longer as I don’t like the plastic staked ones that seem to always wrap around my GR legs. I’ve found a shorter double ended detachable dog lead which is attached to one main lead used for two dogs on amazon. It looks like it extends in length so may work if attached to a dog harness which is the preferred and safest way to retrain dogs. I’m yet to use a dog harness as our Goldie was always contained in the boot with a car guard. He’s probably going to dislike but safer than lead attached to collar. Let me know if you find another solution.
Meant ‘restrain’ …

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
We use a mesh crate placed behind the front seats for our Sussex Spaniel - it folds up when not in use and is stored under the bus as necessary. We have the rubber matting over the yacht floor and that stops the crate moving. For a larger dog, I would use the cargo eyes.

Hope that helps.

We use a mesh crate placed behind the front seats for our Sussex Spaniel - it folds up when not in use and is stored under the bus as necessary. We have the rubber matting over the yacht floor and that stops the crate moving. For a larger dog, I would use the cargo eyes.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I’ve been eying up a folding mesh crate on the internet. I think we‘ll go for that as well as a double ended tether to use with the cargo rail eye.