Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel Aux AIR Heater (£2500 cost option)

Glenn Odell

Could anyone share their experience with the diesel aux heater. If spending a winters night in the MP, how often/how long would you expect to have it running. Also how many ch of a drain does it put on your battery if its used more or less all evening. Seems the heat wouldn't reach to the upstairs birth too well as the main blower is low down?

mptripsaway

Hi Glen,
I can't comment on the aux air heater as I chose not to have it as an option because I do not stay "off grid" in the depths of winter. When on hook up I find that my 2kw portable heater is perfect at keeping the van warm and I have never tripped the campsite electricity supply by using it.
If you plan "off grid" camping in winter then you only need to read the VW Cali forums to see that a lot of owners rate them as a "must have" although many do complain that the upper bed area can still be quite cool!
For winter days out I find that the aux water (coolant) heater provides all the functionality needed to warm the interior as required and there is also the rest setting on the climate control which will supply warm air for approx 30mins by using the residual heat from the engine when stopped.

There is also another thread in technical forum that deals with heating, it may be worth you having a read of that.

Last edited: