Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking - melting the glue on sink

smithmilned

Hi All

New owner here having used the van about 4 times now.

I recently used the gas hob for some basic cooking - ie boiling water. Afterwards, I noticed that the glue that binds the glass lid that sits above the adjacent sink, which I had left down, had melted. It doesn’t appear like a structural problem but it has totally ruined the aesthetic, with now a crumpled edge and squidgy glue having appeared.

I’ve contacted the dealer (sandown in Poole) who haven’t even bothered responding. They’ve generally been pretty poor - certainly little knowledge of what they were actually retailing.

I suppose my post is to warn others that there is a risk of this - so do open the sink lid when cooking - and to ask if anyone else has experienced this?

I’ve checked the instruction manual and there’s no reference to the need to open the sink up when cooking, only the window and the roof, both of which I’d done.

I suspect, given the instructions, that this may be a defect in our van - but it could be widespread. I’ve also contacted Mercedes in Germany in anticipation of the dealer not helping.

Comments or suggestions appreciated.

Sorry to hear of this...
Page 54 of the manual (or my .pdf version anyway) says "Always open both kitchen cupboard covers before beginning to cook. Otherwise, the kitchen cupboard covers may be damaged by the heat."
Not the clearest wording though - presumably translated from German.
Given that, I doubt you will get much joy from either the dealer or Mercedes unfortunately :-(

*(I have had a warranty issue with Mercedes recently, for a different model. After a very unhelpful dealer I took the matter to MB-UK Customer Care who rejected my claim, saying "it wasn't a manufacturing fault", but based their decision on an erroneous assessment by the dealer).... so much for customer care!

Last edited:

smithmilned

Doh! Thanks Colin. I suppose the instructions are a little ambiguous given it’s the sink cover. I’ll see how I get on...

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Really sorry to hear about the damaged caused by the heat from the cooker. As a new member myself (should get our MP next week) I am digesting all of the (very) helpful info on the forum !! On this thread I noticed a reference to the PDF version of the user manual. I have only managed to find one for the previous version (Viano based). Could someone advise where I can download the MP user manual in PDF form ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear about the damaged caused by the heat from the cooker. As a new member myself (should get our MP next week) I am digesting all of the (very) helpful info on the forum !! On this thread I noticed a reference to the PDF version of the user manual. I have only managed to find one for the previous version (Viano based). Could someone advise where I can download the MP user manual in PDF form ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hi Andy
Try this link... it has various downloads available...
http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/trucks/vs20/en_GB/index.html#emotions/Downloads.html