Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Condensation Inside Headlights

Paul Mc

Is it normal to have condensation on the inside of headlights during cold weather conditions?
The van is only two years old.

F6FF9C14-8F39-45A1-89F7-EA2A991DC213.jpegFDE2FBB7-5580-4393-9265-A3D602B44500.jpeg

Blackrat

I think it’s quite normal, I get it on both my cars . Does it not disappear after the headlights have been switched on. They should generate enough heat to evaporate the moisture.

Paul Mc

I think it’s quite normal, I get it on both my cars . Does it not disappear after the headlights have been switched on. They should generate enough heat to evaporate the moisture.
Yes, the condensation disappears eventually but I was just wondering If I needed to mention it to the dealer before my warranty expires.
Thanks

Blackrat

As you are clearly concerned then I think it best to speak to the dealer whilst you still have warranty, if only for your peace of mind.
However if you google the issue I think you will find it’s quite normal.

Grand Tourismo

Is it normal to have condensation on the inside of headlights during cold weather conditions?
The van is only two years old.

View attachment 1302View attachment 1303
I am not sure if this is a warranty claim or not?
Water in the headlamps would indicate a leaking unit and would need replacing under warranty... but condensation?
On the other hand I would not expect a new vehicle to exhibit this issue...it will be interesting to see what MB say.
Please report back Paul

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Had it happen on all my cars at some time. If the atmospheric conditions are right it will happen. I washed my less then 3yr old Fiat the other day and one headlamp had condensation in it, when I look a few hours later it had gone. Don't worry.