Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour Advice

Justin

Justin

VIP Member
Hi Everyone,

I have to finalize my spec by Monday for my facelift MP.

I’m all set with everything apart from exterior colour. I was almost certain that I’d go for Silver as I do think the MP suits this colour plus as a practical decision, it will stay looking fairly clean compared to others and hide marks better.

Now I am also contemplating the new Hyacinth Red metallic. Looking on images I can find online, I think it looks lovely – especially in the sun but hoping for some feedback from other MP owners.

I know colour is subjective and I should really just buy what I like myself but obviously have think about resale. I’ve shown a few friends and their responses have been mixed. One friend who is a motorhome owner reckons it will be too blingy for the campsite where everything else is white, black, beige etc. However, part of the appeal for me though is that I think the red makes it look less like a campervan.

I’d appreciate any comments on what you guys think of the red. Would it be a colour you would consider or do you think playing it safe and going for the silver would make the most sense?

Many thanks,

Justin

SteveR

As you say, colour choice is subjective and you should not listen too much to others, just get what you personally like.
For what it's worth though, my own personal view was that the silver and obsidian black look great but where I live there are just too many taxis on the road in those colours. White v-class also common as a plumbers van or whatever. I wanted Iridium Grey as I've always liked that sort of colour but MB removed it from the options at the time (back now I believe) so I went for Cavansite Blue and it looks great, especially in the sunshine.
I personally like the red and would have no problem about looking 'blingy'. I would however feel a little conscious of looking like a taxi or bob the builder.

Each to their own I guess and you should go with your heart. If you could see one in the flesh, even better to help your choices but I would imagine that's not easy so you may have to resort to trawling through youtube and google images

Good luck

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
We went for the black and love it but red wasn’t an option then - I think we might have been tempted if it had been as we both think it looks fabulous in that colour. Having said that we think it also looks good in white and silver and blue.....!

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Justin,

My personal preference would be the red with the beige interior (which I think you had previously indicated was your preference). It would certainly stand out from the crowd and look lovely. However, as you say, it has to be down to personal preference. Silver is always a good colour, so you cannot really lose !

Just my opinion !

All the best.

Andy B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roy C

I think the red looks great. Who wants to blend in on a campsite full of big, white furniture vans! I chose Cavansite Blue but I would've been sorely tempted if that red had been available.

Tee

Both great, no wrong answer. No red in UK. In 2017 @ Düsseldorf show MB released a Night Edition MP in Hyacinth Red and also Silver (Night Edition is black grille, mirrors and optionally a black roof, or you can keep body colour roof). Google it as there are pictures of both. T.

Method7

We chose black quite simply because it looks great and won’t really stand out in the car park, we might be sleeping in it... but I think it also looks fantastic in the blue.

My choice between the silver and red based on the images I have seen I would choose the red because the red has a similar lustre to black and blue, but I would be very conscious that this will reduce your market when trying to move it on. My wife isn’t a fan and quite rightly points out it’s a bit close to burgundy and we all know that this colour ages the driver by about 20 years.

It’s a interesting selection of colours, like chalk and cheese really I guess you just have to be brave and if you can’t be, there is always the silver.

Steve B

We’ve got black, love the colour but I always forget how mucky they look very quickly. We nearly went for the blue, but silver is also great and more practical. Bottom line is the MP is good to drive and works as a camper. We were out last night in ours with friends

Epigram

Go for red !
We will know you have the new model and will be interested to talk to you about it if we see you.
FYI The light upholstery isn’t a problem for marks and is cool in the sun, black looks good with silver, so choose what you colour you prefer.
More decision, if you decide to have an awning. Which colour?
Life is complicated . It’s your new toy . Enjoy the stress :)

Justin

Justin

VIP Member
Thanks for all your comments on this everyone.

We visited a local dealer today and looked at a few C/E Class cars in Hyacinth Red. Whilst I think it looks lovely in the promotional images like the ones I posted above, for me it's just too burgundy and in typical Manchester weather it just didn't float my boat.

I therefore have stuck with my original choice of Brilliant Silver which I do really like and think it will handle the rigours of long trips better.

Roll on September :Banana Dance

Hi Everyone,

Having serious wobbles over our colour choice, thinking whether to switch from Cavansite to Hyacinth. Has anyone got any 'real life' (dull british weather!) pics of their van in this colour? All the videos online show it off in the sun and make it look gorgeous. As Justin said above, cars here in UK can look a bit off in the red, kind of burnt red. But, on larger vehicles I think it could work. And I've yet to see a Marco Polo in Hyacinth so that adds to the appeal! (beige interior by the way). Also VW have introduced Fortana Red metallic on the Cali and I wonder if red might become more popular after the black/grey boom. Help please!

The fat controller

No pics but I did see a vito in the red the other day at MB commercial in Southampton. Looked gorgeous I must say. We run 2 red cars at the moment though so time for a change!

Method7

Those promo picks do look great but i can’t help feeling it looks a little like the clown car. A cheeky chappy rolling into the dull and miserable world of the camper van. I’m not sure I could live up to that tag line, I loved the metallic brown VWs that started to appear a few years back, I could identify with that message but I do think the Hyacinth (bucket) really is the polar opposite of that.

If your rolling up in a candy apple red Marco Polo we will expect Tequila..

Thanks everyone, yet another trip to the forecourt of our local dealer (to take some exercise of course!) has convinced us to stick with blue.

Grand Tourismo

Given the vast range of responses I would say that all colours work just perfectly!

My local Cali retailer sells more Indium grey in the metallic and Ascot grey in the flat colour...FYI