Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cockpit Center Storage/Organizer Box

KDM

All, I've seen a refrigerator unit that fits between the two front seats and some boxes that owners have constructed, but does anyone know of any aftermarket storage organizers for between the front seats? Looking for something with cup holders I don't have to reach down to the floor for and just store stuff in that I use frequently. I know it will impact rotating the seats, but it's not like I do that every day. Thanks.

askho

DSCN3042.JPG

DSCN3042.JPG

Is this any good for you. It's actually a bin from Ikea. Fits perfectly between the 2 front seats. I have the lid facing backwards so easily reachable from the kitchen area. Cup holders are from either Amazon or eBay. Can't remember.

Last edited:

KDM

DSCN3042.JPG

DSCN3042.JPG

Is this any good for you. It's actually a bin from Ikea. Fits perfectly between the 2 front seats. I have the lid facing backwards so easily reachable fron the kitchen area. Cup holders are from either Amazon or eBay. Can't remember.
Thank you. I'm about 15-20 minutes from an Ikea here in northern Italy. I'm sure there are some other things I need there. Wondering if they are open. Thanks again from our crew here in the Veneto:

Epigram

QUOTE="askho, post: 6613, member: 1062"]
DSCN3042.JPG

DSCN3042.JPG

Is this any good for you. It's actually a bin from Ikea. Fits perfectly between the 2 front seats. I have the lid facing backwards so easily reachable fron the kitchen area. Cup holders are from either Amazon or eBay. Can't remember.
[/QUOTE]
:Thanks:Do you know the (unpronouncable) Swedish name for the bin?
IKEA stores have been closed in UK since 20 March. Probably for the better in view of potential for cross infection from browsing crowds.:(

Reactions: KDM

askho

Although the Ikea bin fits perfectly between the front seats, there is a problem. When you accelerate/decelerate the bin moves about/tilts, when empty anyway. What I have done is fitted carpet in between the seats with velcro fitted in strategic positions that match velcro glued to the bottom of the bin. It works. But a simpler solution would be just wedge something in between the bin and seat base on both sides.

Reactions: KDM

KDM

Although the Ikea bin fits perfectly between the front seats, there is a problem. When you accelerate/decelerate the bin moves about/tilts, when empty anyway. What I have done is fitted carpet in between the seats with velcro fitted in strategic positions that match velcro glued to the bottom of the bin. It works. But a simpler solution would be just wedge something in between the bin and seat base on both sides.
I was thinking Velcro also. The rug in my profile picture (under the dogs) is held in place nicely with 3 strips of Velcro running length wise.

KDM

So did you go shopping in Ikea. Did you find the bins?
No, here in Italy they take the COVID-19 lock down very seriously; several potential traffic stops between my home and the local Ikea. If I cannot prove my travel is absolutely "essential" I could receive a 3,000 to 4,000 fine! :oops: