Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning in between seat rails

The fat controller

I bought a set of crevice tools to fit my handheld vac, it works a treat.

Ps if you don't have some already, some rail strips will help to minimise the problem. No doubt MB sell some but this is what I use. Fit is perfect.

Graham K

I vacuum crevice too and a combination of bottle brushes to dislodge anything 'stuck'

I bought this selection of brushes and they provide a variety of options to reach various crevices:

and also bought a mini attachment tools for the household vacuum cleaner:

- both the crevice tool and the mini extension pipes fit perfectly. The small round brush fits into the circles in the rail but can't be slid along.

I have also found that using silicone spray (not grease) makes the seat super easy to slide and the rails easier to clean (counter intuitive that bit its true!)

Hope that helps?

On the rail strips - I assume these can't remain in place when the seat is regularly being slid back and forth (camping)...how easy / practical are they to insert / remove on a regular basis? Thanks!

The fat controller

I vacuum crevice too and a combination of bottle brushes to dislodge anything 'stuck'

I bought this selection of brushes and they provide a variety of options to reach various crevices:

- both the crevice tool and the mini extension pipes fit perfectly. The small round brush fits into the circles in the rail but can't be slid along.

I have also found that using silicone spray (not grease) makes the seat super easy to slide and the rails easier to clean (counter intuitive that bit its true!)

Hope that helps?

On the rail strips - I assume these can't remain in place when the seat is regularly being slid back and forth (camping)...how easy / practical are they to insert / remove on a regular basis? Thanks!
Ah yes graham that's the set I have! Couldn't find the link earlier. They're ideal.

As for the rail strips, I have cut them into 2 sections so that one remains in place all the time and the other is removed when converting the lower bed. When away on a trip these tend to stay out. Very easy to pop them in and out.

Dutchyankee

Hope that helps?

I wouldn’t use silicone grease but Teflon spray. Move the bench back and forth then wipe dry. Silicone gets sticky after a while and will make it more difficult to move.