Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chip Tuning

KDM

Has anyone here chip tuned their MP? Our 2.2L 250 is fine around town, but we live in the Alps foothills and will be driving back and forth between Italy (our home) and Germany throughout the seasons. https://www.toptuning.it/ says they can give us 32 more horsepower, more torx and faster accelleration. Thoughts?

patas

Has anyone here chip tuned their MP? Our 2.2L 250 is fine around town, but we live in the Alps foothills and will be driving back and forth between Italy (our home) and Germany throughout the seasons. https://www.toptuning.it/ says they can give us 32 more horsepower, more torx and faster accelleration. Thoughts?
I asked that question in mercedes Benz service in Spain . They confirmed that 136cv and 163cv are same engines. Both engines only have electronic differences. Next year I will program my chip from 136 to 160-170cv.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: KDM
I asked my cousin this (he is a mechanic for a Mercedes commercial dealer) and he told me that the engine blocks are the same but some of the fuel injection components are different and it has a different turbo charger unit. He said that mapping will get you more power and torque but cannot completely give you the same power characteristics. He told me to look at the torque graphs of the two cars and that the peak torque comes in at much lower revs in the 250 due to the bigger turbo and injectors and a remapped 220 can match the torque output but would be at 600-1000 rpm further up the scale. I have not actually checked the part numbers so only went off what he said and bought a V250 instead.

patas

I asked my cousin this (he is a mechanic for a Mercedes commercial dealer) and he told me that the engine blocks are the same but some of the fuel injection components are different and it has a different turbo charger unit. He said that mapping will get you more power and torque but cannot completely give you the same power characteristics. He told me to look at the torque graphs of the two cars and that the peak torque comes in at much lower revs in the 250 due to the bigger turbo and injectors and a remapped 220 can match the torque output but would be at 600-1000 rpm further up the scale. I have not actually checked the part numbers so only went off what he said and bought a V250 instead.
Right but differents are only in 250 engines. 200 and 220 are exactly same blocks and same components. No for 250, For example turbo in 250 engines is bigger. 200 and 220 is the same. So as I could understand, you can tuning your chip in 200 until 220 Torque and power without any problem. They said me you can get more power in 200 engines than 163cv from the 220 , but more that 180cv can affect your engine and its ops to you.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X mediante Tapatalk