Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carwash

Steve B

I haven't but do use hand car washes. There are some past debates on here over washing, and a few people spend quite a bit of time getting it right and a high end outcome.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
As Steve says, hand wash is probably best. I'm really not a fan of the rotating brush jobs and either DIY or take my cars to a trusted local hand wash

PeteS

I took my V Class last week to the automatic car wash the one that pulls the car through. Whilst the car was clean the clearance between the mirror and the parts of the car wash were very close even with the mirrors folded in. I don’t think I would use the car wash again for risk of damaging the car.
I think the local hand wash guysss CD are fairly good but don’t wash the roof. DIY is better but in the winter months I can’t be bothered to get the hose and buckets out.

Method7

I used a car wash. MB in Poole have a automated wash. Our local drive through/ drag through won’t let us in with a roof rack on. Had no damage but it’s definitely marking the paint - as any washing has the tendency or at least the risk of.

it’s a tough decision, washing the MP by hand takes about 4 hours to do a decent job.. then you’ll need to wax and polish it. I suspect it’s a couple of days work for a detailer.. or ~£60 for a valet..

I would rather not use a car wash but it does the roof and costs very little.. as for the damage to the paint (which is un-noticeable really) , I suppose we could spend the next 3hours 50 min detailing and polishing.. or just slash out every few years for a top makeover.

Marc o Polo

In York (car wash, on Hull Road) there is a "touchless" car wash programme, Option 4 - costs £11.

I have not tried it out because when I turned up there to try it out chemicals were not available for the "touchless" selection; but the engineer who was co-incidentally attending that day advised MP was not to be put through the car wash because of the awning cassette attached. Looking at one side of his van, which was being washed, I saw that the wheel trims were all scratched...... He must use a different option? Couldn't get a closer look at anything else.

Would love a touchless wash for the car - whatever that is???