Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying secondhand

Epigram

Anyone buying secondhand and familiar with the posts on this forum will know to check for blisters on the roof/replacements a and also the condition of the leisure battery - dealers have a habit of leaving on forecourts with out hookup.

I also strongly recommend checking that the satnav announcements are working properly. Search here for Command satnav announcements to see the details of the fault concerning missing announcements that I have had since new.

You can get an indication of whether the satnav announcements are working correctly without even going for a drive by entering a destination and pressed START:
If the announcements are faulty the announcement will be “……..oot is being calculated“ instead of “ Your route is being calculated”

If you go for a drive the satnav will generally miss the first part of the advance (1/2 or 1/4 mile ) instruction after it has been silent for a while. The announcement will be:
”………..turn right /left” instead of:
”Prepare to…./ In half a mile…/In a quarter of a mile….. turn right/left”

After it has “woken up” and having a lot to do the announcements become normal and are not clipped as described above - don’t get lulled into a false sense of security.

Don’t stand for any waffle from the dealer, they dont all do this !
Either walk away or get a sizeable sum off. If they tell you they have fixed it take it on a long drive to convince yourself .

Happy hunting.

Greyman

Thanks for this!

I’m currently looking for a Horizon and while i new about the blisters, i didn’t know about the satnav.