Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth transmitter compatible with MP MBUX?

nickdada

Hi all

New owner of a 2022 300d here - seems the new models are all set up for music streaming from phones, but I still like to use my iPod Classic to listen to music on the move. Unfortunately in their wisdom Merc have decided no-one wants or needs a 3.5mm Audio Input anymore.

I've been looking at little bluetooth transmitters that connect to the ipod with a 3.5mm cable and transmit the music via bluetooth to the MBUX. So far I've tried 4 or 5 of them and had to return them all as the car wouldn't recognize and/or pair with them.

Can anyone recommend one that they know is compatible with Merc MBUX?

Or suggest another way I could hook up my iPod in-car? I even approached my local dealer about fitting a 3.5mm Aux Input but they refused, saying they weren't authorized to mess with the wiring. Could go 3rd party but might potentially invalidate my warranty if there was an issue.

Any suggestions gratefully received - I'm almost out if ideas and don't want to sign up to a streaming service! (I have obscure music tastes and lots of it isn't even available to stream)

Slimnrp

congrats on the new MP, I picked my 2022 300 up yesterday! Finding the music streaming from the phone to be perfect and the new apple car play integration is much better now, even providing nav graphic for the digital display between the speed and rev gauges.

you could try this, for the price not much to lose if it doesnt work. Of course you can rip you music to your phone and join the new world order - apps like anytrans will do this for you and you can dump the ipod….

NIMASO USB C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Jack Cable, USB Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Cord Car Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21 S21 Ultra S20 Ultra Note 20 10 Plus,Huawei P40 P30 Pro,Google Pixel 2 3 XL
by Nimaso Direct EU
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08F4VWKGT/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_851WQGRQK53A9EXYFNRG

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Hi all

New owner of a 2022 300d here - seems the new models are all set up for music streaming from phones, but I still like to use my iPod Classic to listen to music on the move. Unfortunately in their wisdom Merc have decided no-one wants or needs a 3.5mm Audio Input anymore.

I've been looking at little bluetooth transmitters that connect to the ipod with a 3.5mm cable and transmit the music via bluetooth to the MBUX. So far I've tried 4 or 5 of them and had to return them all as the car wouldn't recognize and/or pair with them.

Can anyone recommend one that they know is compatible with Merc MBUX?

Or suggest another way I could hook up my iPod in-car? I even approached my local dealer about fitting a 3.5mm Aux Input but they refused, saying they weren't authorized to mess with the wiring. Could go 3rd party but might potentially invalidate my warranty if there was an issue.

Any suggestions gratefully received - I'm almost out if ideas and don't want to sign up to a streaming service! (I have obscure music tastes and lots of it isn't even available to stream)
@nickdada Have a chat with commandonline.co.uk or audiofile-incar.co.uk They are used to dealing with new Mercedes and may have a solution for you.

nickdada

Thank you! All good suggestions - I did try a USBC to 3.5mm socket adapter, using my own 3.5mm cable, but the car would not recognize it as an audio input. I will try the USBC to 3.5mm jack also.
Thanks again - I'm totally in love with my 300d, its only a small problem to solve :))

Van Diesel

Hey

May i ask something off topic...since u have some new Vans, :)
The new car smell. i went to look at a new van...250d and it smells awfull.
Any ventilation of a new car smell experience you want to share?

i mean how long will it take to vent the thing out. :)

thx in advance.

Steve B

Mine was fine when new, this is the first time mentioned on here as far as i'm aware, sounds specific to that/your MP