Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blisters again!

Bmf

HI, just took delivery of a 2019 MP, asked the Mercedes dealer to ensure no blisters, was told it had been replaced under warranty in 2021 and was all ok. Guess What! It turns up and roof has more than 50 blisters on it! Is it ever possible to have a MP without blisters?

They have said they will take it back and repaint the roof

Last edited:

Steve B

Hi and welcome, not sure painting it will do much good. Mine is a replaced roof and OK to date, but I haven't checked it after recent frosts so it may have started again. I'm just going to live with it if they come back, its just cosmetic.

Bmf

So the dealer has proposed three options;

1) they do it via the MB warranty which will take time, so they would give me the vehicle and then swap over for a courtesy when the works been approved (They're wakefield and were hampshire)
2) They repaint using they're body shop and wrap in PPF
3) They give us some money off the vehicle and we take the risk (So far they've offered £400, I said I want at least £1,000)

I'm thinking if I can get option 3 then that's the best bet?

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Depends on how long you intend to keep the vehicle. Personally, I'd go for Option 1 and see if they would entertain the work being done by MB Southampton - they are familiar with the job and have a decent paintshop.

C

Cassie

VIP Member
HI, just took delivery of a 2019 MP, asked the Mercedes dealer to ensure no blisters, was told it had been replaced under warranty in 2021 and was all ok. Guess What! It turns up and roof has more than 50 blisters on it! Is it ever possible to have a MP without blisters?

They have said they will take it back and repaint the roof
Hi
2019 Marco Polo Horizon just had approval for new roof from Germany to be resprayed here. All under warranty even though warranty has officially expired. We are happy to wait as a few blisters doesn’t alter we love the vehicle. Then forget mgrs crossed it Will not happen again.

Bmf

In the end I got £1000 off as it’s already had a new roof and same thing happened. Decided to take it as is in the end

C

Cassie

VIP Member
We have been to Mercedes Cheltenham blisters on Horizon they took it on the chin no problem will order new roof no objections. We were out of warranty so very pleased. Service 100% impressed.
Love the vehicle