Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Black or silver awning

MrStanding

When ordering our MP back in December, we were given the option of a black or silver awning, which until that point I didn't know was an option. I assumed it was the awning cassette that the colour was referring to, so I ordered black to go with our black vehicle. Given that I've only ever seen silver awning cassettes in images, I'm wondering now whether it's the awning fabric that the colour choice is referring to (silver being a fancy word for grey).

Anyone else get this option?

I'd consider getting the cassette wrapped in black to stealth it up a bit more if the option is just the fabric.

Malvin

Just a personal opinion, I think the black awning looks better on a black MP.... From memory I think it cost extra £75 to have a Black awning rather than a Silver one.

mptripsaway

If you ordered an anthracite awning that is the cassette colour, the other option being the silver anodised.

MrStanding

Yeah, that's the one we went for, just not sure they meant the fabric or the cassette as I don't recall ever seeing any images of a black cassette.

MrStanding

Found an image of one buried deep into a google image search. These must be like hen's teeth! Think we made the right choice.

cheers for the replies.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 33

mptripsaway

Found an image of one buried deep into a google image search. These must be like hen's teeth! Think we made the right choice.
I have the cavansite blue and the one thing that displeases me about it is the silver anodised awning! I have been toying with a spray job or wrapping or just taking it off! Any recommendations?

cheers for the replies.

Malvin

mptripsaway

I have the cavansite blue and the one thing that displeases me about it is the silver anodised awning! I have been toying with a spray job or wrapping or just taking it off! Any recommendations?

MrStanding

I would imagine it's very easy, quick and fairly cheap for your local wrapping place to do. They can probably match your blue very closely as well.

WILLH

Mercedes charge extra to have black instead of silver,VW charge extra to have silver instead of black??

Roy C

I opted for the black awning (cassette colour not fabric colour) to go with Cavansite Blue, which I thought would go better, but I’m still a few weeks away from delivery.

funkyegg

This is obviously down to personal taste. I actually quite like the silver one on my dolomite brown van as I think it creates a really nice contrast. Also, the only way you can easily differentiate between a MP and a normall V class (chauffeur...) is the silver awning :Banana Dance

My MP came with a silver cassette. Hated it!
Bought a black one and swapped it over.
Sold silver one for 60% of replacement. Happy.

Reactions: RFT

pumpsmynads

I'm going to not bother with an awning. I figure I can add one later if I really miss it.

Quick question - Does it stop rain between the awning and the door, or is there a thin gap?

Katie

I’ve not yet had the chance to try the awning out but you can buy a rubber strip from Thule that prevents that happening

Israel

When ordering our MP back in December, we were given the option of a black or silver awning, which until that point I didn't know was an option. I assumed it was the awning cassette that the colour was referring to, so I ordered black to go with our black vehicle. Given that I've only ever seen silver awning cassettes in images, I'm wondering now whether it's the awning fabric that the colour choice is referring to (silver being a fancy word for grey).

Anyone else get this option?

I'd consider getting the cassette wrapped in black to stealth it up a bit more if the option is just the fabric.
Same blue van, same silver awning. I hate it . I'm going to paint it black. I think it suits better with the blue. Another member has the brown+silver and he is happy with it (I agree, it looks nice) , but for the blue van I think the black is a better combination.
I'm going to see what I find, I will post it here. (I'm thinking about a good-quality metal spray or something)

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

pumpsmynads

Same blue van, same silver awning. I hate it . I'm going to paint it black. I think it suits better with the blue. Another member has the brown+silver and he is happy with it (I agree, it looks nice) , but for the blue van I think the black is a better combination.
I'm going to see what I find, I will post it here. (I'm thinking about a good-quality metal spray or something)

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

I think others have wrapped theirs.