Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack spare parts

Robin Cattermole

Hi, I have the four bike tail gate Mercedes bike rack. Now three years old and over the wet winter both the long and short arms that attach to bikes 1 and 2 have rusted and seized up. Mercedes dealer tells me I need to buy a replacement rack as you cannot get spare parts and guarantee is only two years. It cost over £800 so will try to avoid Buying again. Has anyone been able to source the arms as spare parts ? If not anyone got a recommendation for an alternative rear bike rack for three or four bikes ?

Tee

Hi Robin. We have the same rack and it seems illogical you can’t get spare bits. I’ll try dig out the paperwork but in the meantime I did a bit of digging on the internet and Uebler work with Mercedes and whilst there’s no v class rack on their site, the profiles, arms and ratchets look the same. See link. I’d email or go through one of their EU dealers :

btw, it says the warranty is 3 years on their site.

T.

Tee

Yes. I looked at the rack and instructions here today. No mention of Uebler but it does look the same as their stuff. Interestingly the doc says spare parts are available from the Mercedes dealer - try MB Germany if the UK daealer doesnt know.

Attachments

• 8D4469F1-0A13-4053-ACF7-B57D4305BE7D.jpeg
    8D4469F1-0A13-4053-ACF7-B57D4305BE7D.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11

GeorgeG

Hi, I have the four bike tail gate Mercedes bike rack. Now three years old and over the wet winter both the long and short arms that attach to bikes 1 and 2 have rusted and seized up. Mercedes dealer tells me I need to buy a replacement rack as you cannot get spare parts and guarantee is only two years. It cost over £800 so will try to avoid Buying again. Has anyone been able to source the arms as spare parts ? If not anyone got a recommendation for an alternative rear bike rack for three or four bikes ?
Hi Robin, I have the Mercedes tow bar rack made by Atera. I needed a different length arm to those on my rack and tried Amazon. amazingly they sold them and for some reason the one I wanted, which was about £100 in the UK was priced at £7.70! I think it was because, although the product code was correct, the photo was of a roof rack wheel carrier.
It's worth a look on Amazon.

Simon Wilkinson

I have the exact same problem, someone clobbered the bike rack and bent the black brackets that the fold out portion of the rack pivots on. Did you have any success with contacting Ubler

GeorgeG

I have the exact same problem, someone clobbered the bike rack and bent the black brackets that the fold out portion of the rack pivots on. Did you have any success with contacting Ubler
If it’s the Mercedes towbar carrier you have, it’s made by Atera. Roof box.co.uk stock these and sell spare parts.