Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack attachment 7 pin plug

Neil

Does anyone know if you use an adapter from a 7 pin plug into a 13 pin plug into your Marco Polo does this disable the sensors.
Basically I'm looking to buy a Thule bike rack which has a 7 pin plug on, the van has a 13 pin attachment on. You can buy an adapter to fit but will this work in the same way at if it were a 13 pin plug. Will the sensors work?
Anyone have any ideas??

SteveR

Does anyone know if you use an adapter from a 7 pin plug into a 13 pin plug into your Marco Polo does this disable the sensors.
Basically I'm looking to buy a Thule bike rack which has a 7 pin plug on, the van has a 13 pin attachment on. You can buy an adapter to fit but will this work in the same way at if it were a 13 pin plug. Will the sensors work?
Anyone have any ideas??
I believe it works the same way. We have a Thule rack (not a bike rack) and use an adaptor and the parking sensors were disabled. I\d have to check the pins to be sure but I think it is the same as you describe

Method7

I’ve not used a Thule 7 pin lights but we had a trailer tent that was 7pin and used the adapter and it was fine.

N

Nibor

VIP Member
I have a Marco Polo two bike bike rack for sale if you are interested.

N

Nibor

VIP Member
Hi, can you tell me more about the bike rack please and what price you are looking for?
Hi , Its about 12 years old and came off a 2009 Marco Polo from Germany. It's all there. £100. Tel 07427533512

Attachments

• 20210327_110836.jpg
    20210327_110836.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210327_110815.jpg
    20210327_110815.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210327_110826.jpg
    20210327_110826.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11

PeeGee

Sorry, I was looking for a tow ball mounted rack. It’s not easy to see but I don’t think yours is is it?

N

Nibor

VIP Member
No it's the factory fitted one that bolts to the hinges of the rear door.

Method7

Looks like your going to need a towbar fitted even with this setup to power the lights. How does that work when opening the tailgate?

N

Nibor

VIP Member
The tailgate opens normally, with the rack attached , it has a 13 pin connector, so you will need an electric supply.