Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beware MP Horizon list price

AGP

I thought I should share this experience with others buying a Marco Polo. There has been a glitch on the Mercedes Benz computer system that is listing standard specifications and charging for them as extras. The standard MP Horizon that I am buying was initially priced at over £62,000 then reduced to the correct list price of £51,900 after I queried the cost and the so-called extras. This has happened with 2 MB dealers in different parts of England (I wanted an off-the-shelf standard model quickly). By the way I did get almost 10% off in the end via Carwow, so I have paid just over £47,000 for a 250 MP Horizon, a big reduction on the first quoted price

mptripsaway

I thought I should share this experience with others buying a Marco Polo. There has been a glitch on the Mercedes Benz computer system that is listing standard specifications and charging for them as extras. The standard MP Horizon that I am buying was initially priced at over £62,000 then reduced to the correct list price of £51,900 after I queried the cost and the so-called extras. This has happened with 2 MB dealers in different parts of England (I wanted an off-the-shelf standard model quickly). By the way I did get almost 10% off in the end via Carwow, so I have paid just over £47,000 for a 250 MP Horizon, a big reduction on the first quoted price

That sounds like a good price, although I have no idea on the spec of the Horizon, How does it compare to the full spec of the standard MP which when I bought my 250d AMG line in Jul 2017 with a lot of extras added was around 65k (not what I paid).

AGP

That sounds like a good price, although I have no idea on the spec of the Horizon, How does it compare to the full spec of the standard MP which when I bought my 250d AMG line in Jul 2017 with a lot of extras added was around 65k (not what I paid).
To be honest I don't know. Mine is a Horizon Sport. Obviously the AMG line is more expensive - sport suspension, wheels, and trim - by about £2000. But I think the rest of the specification is similar, so the Sport MP is similar to the Sport Horizon but £5000 more.

mptripsaway

To be honest I don't know. Mine is a Horizon Sport. Obviously the AMG line is more expensive - sport suspension, wheels, and trim - by about £2000. But I think the rest of the specification is similar, so the Sport MP is similar to the Sport Horizon but £5000 more.

I've had a look at the spec now and all makes sense. The MP Horizon has a very different spec on the habitation side of things to the Marco Polo, (manual pop up roof, no kitchen or storage cupboards etc) a bit like the California Beach vs the California Ocean. That explains the big price difference.

AGP

I've had a look at the spec now and all makes sense. The MP Horizon has a very different spec on the habitation side of things to the Marco Polo, (manual pop up roof, no kitchen or storage cupboards etc) a bit like the California Beach vs the California Ocean. That explains the big price difference.

AGP

Exactly. So my choice was California Beach v Marco Polo Horizon. No kitchen in either (I don't want one), just the beds and the pop up roof. Both are manual roofs, but the Beach has one manual sliding door only and it is on the driver's side. The Horizon has twin electric doors. No leather on the Beach. Plus all the differences you would expect between MB and VW especially the engine and the luxuries!

BabaJen

Electric doors can be either a blessing or a curse. Having had both I prefer manual now but very marginal.