Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beeping sound when connected to the main

Apojapo

Hi all,

The voltage of my leisure battery has suddenly dropped overnight and I don't know what caused this. It was fully charged just the other day, and I didn't used anything connected to it. Now this is a problem I have to look into for later, I now have another issue with it that requires my attention first: When I connect it to the main to charge the battery, I hear a beeping alarm sound. To my knowledge, this sound also goes off when you start the engine while being connected to the main, but this is not the case. Can there also be another reason? The voltage of the battery has dropped to 10.8 now.

Some other info, this battery was replaced a few weeks ago and this is the first time I connect it to the main.

Thanks

Halsall-

Was it a replacement Mercedes battery, you can fit other leisure batteries as long as they are the same type (AGM type), as the charger is only compatible with those. I only found this out today when I took our MP in for a dead leisure battery (under warranty) and the electrical engine took me through all the issues with the setup and he answered lots of questions for me on the basic electrical setup…

SteveR

....To my knowledge, this sound also goes off when you start the engine while being connected to the main...
I was always under the impression that you should never start the engine while hooked up to the mains (from past motorhome days), but apparently not...

Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 14.06.13.pngScreenshot 2021-12-22 at 14.04.26.png