Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning removal

peter moore

Hi, I have a factory fit awning which I would prefer to remove as it restricts access to the roof and we use this as a daily driver.

Has anybody done this? It looks like there is a bolt through the body but I haven’t looked closely.

Any advice would be extremely welcome :)

RFT

Sorry, I don't understand, how does the awning restrict access to the roof? Do you mean that you lean over the awning to get to a roof rack? I'm 6'3" and I use a ladder. Are you going to do without the awning completely? If it's black / anthracite I'll buy it off you! If removal is temporary I would be inclined to leave the brackets where they are quite honestly. Unless you are sealing the holes permanently and spraying to match the existing roof colour I think you're asking for trouble.

Explorer

Sorry, I don't understand, how does the awning restrict access to the roof? Do you mean that you lean over the awning to get to a roof rack? I'm 6'3" and I use a ladder. Are you going to do without the awning completely? If it's black / anthracite I'll buy it off you! If removal is temporary I would be inclined to leave the brackets where they are quite honestly. Unless you are sealing the holes permanently and spraying to match the existing roof colour I think you're asking for trouble.

In our case, we remove the awning when we put on a roof rack for the kayaks.
When mounting the kayaks, the rack can be slided to each side of the van.
Works fine and no ladder needed.

peter moore

Cool - thanks for the info.

I’ll have a look over the weekend!

RFT - we have a silver awning which is of the issue!