Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Heating ?!?

J

JPG

VIP Member
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help, I've had a good look through the forum but can't seem to get the answer and I can't get to the vehicle at the minute to confirm myself, the vehicle has the controller as shown in the picture fitted to a Marco Polo Sport we're purchasing. does having this controller mean the vehicle has Auxiliary Heating ? any help would be a great.

Much Appreciated in advance

Attachments

• zentralbedieneinheit-maropolo.jpg
    zentralbedieneinheit-maropolo.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 10

SteveR

Hello and welcome to the forum
To answer your question, the vehicle controller in the picture would / could control a number of modules e.g. fridge so does not necessarily mean that you have aux heating

Reactions: JPG
J

JPG

VIP Member
Hello and welcome to the forum
To answer your question, the vehicle controller in the picture would / could control a number of modules e.g. fridge so does not necessarily mean that you have aux heating
Hi, Thanks Steve.

Think best I take a trip to see the vehicle again tomorrow, the central controller has function for fridge, roof, water (waste/fresh) and time, but just can't remember seeing the actual venting under passenger seat and it's messing with my mind. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

SteveR

Hi, Thanks Steve.

Think best I take a trip to see the vehicle again tomorrow, the central controller has function for fridge, roof, water (waste/fresh) and time, but just can't remember seeing the actual venting under passenger seat and it's messing with my mind. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
The actual venting isn't really obvious in my opinion (which is a good thing) but you should be able to access the controller menu and see if the heating option is there - I'm making the assumption that the heater sub-menu would either be missing or inaccessible if there was no aux heating.
If the menu option is there, turn it on and wait a couple of minutes to see as you will hear it for sure

Hope this helps
Good luck with it tomorrow

Steve B

Welcome - SteveR has already answered the question; also it may have a remote control fob, a grey plastic one for the night air heater that is controlled from the unit in your picture.

J

JPG

VIP Member
The actual venting isn't really obvious in my opinion (which is a good thing) but you should be able to access the controller menu and see if the heating option is there - I'm making the assumption that the heater sub-menu would either be missing or inaccessible if there was no aux heating.
If the menu option is there, turn it on and wait a couple of minutes to see as you will hear it for sure

Hope this helps
Good luck with it tomorrow
Hi SteveR,

No ducting apparent for an air heater and no heating option on the central controller so definitely no air heater in the MP but after reading through a few posts on the forum it's set my mind straight for a retro fit which I'll do some more digging on.

The vehicle is fitted with HZ0 Electrical Auxiliary Heating which is detailed on the vehicles OASIS Vehicle enquiry so I'll need to also do some digging on what that actually is ;0) but I'll have a look through the forum and start a new thread if needed.

Happy with everything else relating to the vehicle, condition, price, mileage, warranty... even the few pimples on the roof don't scare me after investigating on here.

Great forum :0)

Julian

J

JPG

VIP Member
Welcome - SteveR has already answered the question; also it may have a remote control fob, a grey plastic one for the night air heater that is controlled from the unit in your picture.
Hi Steve B,

No ducting apparent for an air heater and no heating option on the central controller so definitely no air heater in the MP but after reading through a few posts on the forum it's set my mind straight for a retro fit which I'll do some more digging on.

The vehicle is fitted with HZ0 Electrical Auxiliary Heating which is detailed on the vehicles OASIS Vehicle enquiry so I'll need to also do some digging on what that actually is ;0) but I'll have a look through the forum and start a new thread if needed.

Happy with everything else relating to the vehicle, condition, price, mileage, warranty... even the few pimples on the roof don't scare me after investigating on here.

Great forum :0)

Julian

Grand Tourismo

:Welcome:

I spent months waiting for the right van with a heater...only switched it on once since Feb and that was to check it worked :Headbang:

Good to have you along JPG, post up some pictures of the van when you can and keep us posted on your purchases/modifications/trips etc

J

JPG

VIP Member
:Welcome:

I spent months waiting for the right van with a heater...only switched it on once since Feb and that was to check it worked :Headbang:

Good to have you along JPG, post up some pictures of the van when you can and keep us posted on your purchases/modifications/trips etc
Thankyou GT,

Yes definitely not going to rush into anything and finding the forum very helpful.

Will do, collect on Friday 21st from MB dealer so we should be in a layby having a brew touching and feeling everything in it prior to having a snooze just because we can ;0)

Grand Tourismo

Thankyou GT,

Yes definitely not going to rush into anything and finding the forum very helpful.

Will do, collect on Friday 21st from MB dealer so we should be in a layby having a brew touching and feeling everything in it prior to having a snooze just because we can ;0)
Take some posh biscuits along as well!!