Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux Battery Level

lilfo

Hi all, do you know if there a way to allow aux battery to charge up to 100%? Right now it stops once it reaches 80% It's quite sad not to be able to use its full potential.

Steve B

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me on here can give an explanation, but go into the VW California sister site and search this topic, there are good threads to explain.

lilfo

Thanks! I see they talk about turning on the seat heater or aircon or headlights.. For sure with the aircon the trick doesn't work for the MarcoPolo.. these days I have it on all the time and still the battery doesn't go over 80%.. will try with the seat heater on low.. let's see

Tobo

I think it is common for batteries to only charge to 80% capacity due to maintaining the health of the battery.
I have seen this for laptops, cars etc as charging to full capacity is not advised.
It is particularly frustrating for electric vehicles as they will never reach their quoted maximum miles.
There may be some charging management in place to restrict the charging cycle to 80%.

lilfo

Yeah I see the point, but it would be good to have the chance to fully charge it just when needed..