Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Audible Alarm

Cumbrians

Help please, we have just bought our nearly new V220 Sport and after having put the roof down we are getting an audible alarm when trying to drive away. We have raised and lowered the roof several times but the beeping starts as soon as we turn the ignition on. Is it the roof or something else?
Thanks

Explorer

When lowering the roof, it should say "closed" on the command display when it is fully in its low position.
If not, you will have the audible alarm when engine is started.

Cumbrians

Thanks, it was displaying “open” even though the roof was fully down but then when I turned the ignition off and on again it displayed “closed” but the alarm continued to sound.

Cumbrians

We had the van for less than 24hrs before it broke but it has now returned after 14 days at the dealership. A wiring fault in the roof mechanism apparently.

zola

got the same problem
roof shows closed no alarm indication anywhere but audible alarm (from beside the gas on/off ) comes on when the engine starts for about 1min then goes off

Last edited:

JEAK

We too have the same problem. Zola / Cumbrians how did you manage to get Mercedes to work our this is what it was and get it fixed. Also which Mercedes was it. If it’s in North may be with us taking it there.

WILLH

If Cumbrians username relates to his/her location then I wouldn’t hold out much hope of Mercedes South Lakes being able to repair the fault.They were unsure if they could even service my van despite supplying it to me brand new.They never even got back to me with a definite answer or price for the first service(oil and filter change)lol!

Ranger67

I had an audible alarm after the MB dealer drove the MP back to me after doing some warranty work. Eventually I opened and closed the roof a few times and it disappeared. I couldn't work out what the problem was but luckily it hasn't come back yet after a month.

JEAK

We have taken to MB in Leeds. Now all fixed. Also when roof is closed it now says closed, without having to restart engine.
Was apparently a wiring issue and Mercedes sent them the details on how to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epigram

We have taken to MB in Leeds. Now all fixed. Also when roof is closed it now says closed, without having to restart engine.
Was apparently a wiring issue and Mercedes sent them the details on how to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you got it sored!

I posted this below July last year under a thread “Clunking noise when roof opens and closes”

Thanks for comments.
My clunks started after opening and closing several times on my dead level driveway. However, after few nights away, it’s now closing silently. For the moment.
Having looked at the mechanism more closely, I am surprised at the lack of lateral stiffness if you push the top of the roof sideways when open. This probably explains the susceptibility to uneven latching if the ground is not level.
The micro switches seem a bit delicate for something exposed to the elements, as do the electrical connections to them which do not have sleeving to protect them.
Still, I suppose Mercedes / Westfalia know what they are doing........ ;-)

A small amount of light grease on the locking pin at the front helped stop the clunks.
IMO the microswitches (see above) are a problem waiting to happen. It would be interesting to know exactly what the “wiring issue” was and whether connections to the microswitches or the switches themselves were the culprit!