Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AMG Ride Comfort

Bill & Liz Heath

Could any MP users give any advice on the ride comfort between the Sport & AMG models being as the AMG has a lower profile tyre. Not sure if the suspension is any different. About to order MP but like the style of the AMG. Thank you in advance.

WILLH

I’ve not driven the sport so can’t comment on how it rides but my AMG Line has impressed me with its ride and handling-especially given its commercial vehicle underpinnings-good on the motorway and holds the bends well for what it is.No complaints about comfort from wife and daughter.

Your best bet would be to test drive both AMG and sport versions to draw your own conclusions-don’t use my local MB dealer though as their idea of a test drive is a 1 mile round circuit from the dealership!

We test drove an AMG (had a v class on 48hr test as well) and much prefer the ride in our sport, not sure if it’s the rims or if the suspension is different I am afraid!

mptripsaway

The 250 AMG drives really well and the larger 19 inch wheels improve the ride comfort imo. If I had any criticism it would be that there is a bit of body roll on tight bends, roundabouts etc, but that's probably down to my driving! I have found it to be much more planted when loaded. I can't comment on the sport as i haven't driven it.

mptripsaway

I believe that the suspension is set up differently between the sport & AMG line
Quote from mercedes brochure:
"For more agile handling, the AMG Line Marco Polo is fitted with sports suspension"
With that in mind and LP tyre it's likely that the AMG handling is more precise than the sport but probably doesn't soak up the bumps quite as well.

WILLH

A polite way of saying filling shaker :D

I wouldn’t say it was a ‘filling shaker’ type ride.In my job I drive a lot of different vehicles and whilst the ride is not S class quality,it is certainly better than M Sport BMW’s shod with runflat tyres or some S-Line Audi’s.My van has Continental tyres which are my tyre of choice so that helps.I think it also helps that it is quite heavy due to all the equipment on board-it makes the ride less bouncy,but you can feel the extra inertia of the weight in the corners.All in all I personally would not want to go any softer on the suspension-for what the vehicle is and my driving style it’s pretty much spot on for me.

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
Just pulling your leg - my T5 Cali - was lowered 70mm with 20" alloys - now that was filling shaking :Headbang:

WILLH

It's worth it just to gaze at those lovely 19 inch alloys when you step out at your destination. ;-)

They look fantastic but I am terrified of catching them on a kerb!-my OCD could not cope if they get marked and they are not an easy wheel to refurbish/repair.