Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

AIR CON MAKES THE BACK OF THE VAN HOTTER.

Tania Hills

Help, I don't know what happens or if there is a problem with my 2019 van but whenever I use the air con at the front the back of the van gets unbearably hot. Am I doing something wrong?

BabaJen

I don't mean to be facile but have you set the temperature at the back?

If it's anything like the VW triclimate system you can set it individually for the two front seat passengers and the rear and if the rear is not set to air-con or a cold temperature then you will not get cold air out of it.

A few people on the VW forum have queried in the same way!

Tania Hills

Any ideas where I can change the temp? I have looked all through the menus but can't find out how to do it? I may be being a bit thick

We didn't get a handover with the van, so I'm just learning as I go

BabaJen

Tania

I can only speak for a VW California but by the rear outlets there is a control console that allows you to individually set temperature, blower, air con etc. I cannot believe the MB would be less sophisticated.

Why are you not given a handover?

Tania Hills

Tania

I can only speak for a VW California but by the rear outlets there is a control console that allows you to individually set temperature, blower, air con etc. I cannot believe the MB would be less sophisticated.

Why are you not given a handover?

Thanks.

I'm struggling to find the control for the rear air con. I think I might have to go to a dealership. We ordered the van online and it was delivered on the back of a trailer and that was it, they sent a video and a link to the owners manual but it is useless. Love the van but quite poor customer service

WILLH

There is a button on the right hand side of the climate control row of switches that depicts one person behind another with a white triangle in between.Press that and it toggles the infotainment screen to rear climate so the temperature / fan switches now control ventilation in the rear.

RFT

Thanks.

I'm struggling to find the control for the rear air con. I think I might have to go to a dealership. We ordered the van online and it was delivered on the back of a trailer and that was it, they sent a video and a link to the owners manual but it is useless. Love the van but quite poor customer service

You'll get a better handover from an existing owner. I've done about 4! Post something on the FB page that you're looking for an existing owner to spend an hour with, hopefully not too distant for you.

Tania Hills

There is a button on the right hand side of the climate control row of switches that depicts one person behind another with a white triangle in between.Press that and it toggles the infotainment screen to rear climate so the temperature / fan switches now control ventilation in the rear.
yay it works. thank you so much. Thats 2500 miles through Europe that could have been a little more comfortable!

Epigram

As with many things on the MP there are simple (button pressing) and more complicated (software selectable) approaches:
If you press the central menu button, it will bring up the schematic of the heating and ventilation system.
You can use the touch control knob to toggle between front and rear to set fan speed and temperature.
Too distracting to do when driving but it is good to keep the passenger occupied.
PS Most information (including this) is in the online owners manual but it can take a bit of finding. A useful tip is if you see “more” in the text press it. You will be directed to other pages with additional information.
Pity about the 2500 mile sweat. I had a new VW several years ago with a heater fault which would spontaneously go to either maximum or minimum heat, usually when you wanted the opposite. It took a year to resolve. No components were replaced, it was a software fault.
Have fun!