Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Access to the fresh water tank

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
I have got to the top of the water tank but the 6" screw off cap that sits inside the tank is solidly closed. I can not find a way to unscre it to gain access to the water pump. Any ideas ?

Van Diesel

yea ... hot water in a jar or similar on the cap for maybe 5mins. i used a wrench with the handles down in the cap with some cloth for getting a firm grip on the cap. But maybe hot water is enough for you. :)

Edit: its inside your tank? my tip is for the top cap only from the outside of the tank.

J

j200george

VIP Member
It’s on tightly for sure. I used a wrench and basically used it as a lever to push the cap enough to free it. I could then unscrew by hand.

Van Diesel

It’s on tightly for sure. I used a wrench and basically used it as a lever to push the cap enough to free it. I could then unscrew by hand.
nice but hot water is the generic advice for water tanks. not just for a MP. its a common caravan issue ...probably due to the fact all the tanks are more or less the same material and construction.

would have helped your effort for sure. I couldnt remove it without the heating first so it works.