Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ABS/ESP Currently Unavailable

JulieG

Hi All,
I was driving sedately down the M1 today in our MP when the vehicle informed me that "Pre-Safe" had limited function and ABS/ESP were currently unavailable. The vehicle was driving normally and the brakes appeared to function under normal load. The van was first registered in June 2017 and has done 17k miles.
Anyone experienced similar ?
Julie

Last edited:
Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Try turning the steering wheel fully one way then fully the other, sometimes sorts it:)

Or maybe of the speed sensors needs replacing.

JulieG

Thanks SBD but I have already tried the steering wheel solution to no avail.
Looks like I am heading off to MB to throw some money at the problem.
Ho hum !

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
When I heard about the steering wheel thing I thought it was a joke, it wasn't really meant as a serious suggestion:)

More than likely one of the speed sensors. Quick and easy to replace but avoid MB as they still charge a fortune.

I'd find a good local independent garage, they'll stick an OBD reader on it to identify the fault just as MB do but at a fraction of the price.

C

Crispin

VIP Member
Thanks SBD but I have already tried the steering wheel solution to no avail.
Looks like I am heading off to MB to throw some money at the problem.
Ho hum !
Currently in France and the same - replaced 2x and lights come on again !!
A bit unnerving on a 2018 amg with less than 18k
Small trailer

Fully laden
French dealer charged me 550 euros for the 2 x
I’m going to risk coming home to do the others.. deffo speed sensors though.. cause havoc with computer I had no idea how connected they were to the rest of the vehicle !!
I guess I’m still ok driving… I Hope ?

viseng

I recently had the same issue which came up 2 days before the MOT and persisted until it was repaired (speed sensor) at MB Farnborough. However, the message has since come up twice, on both occasions following a period when the van was parked with the ignition off, showing a red warning triangle on the dash. So, it appears to be monitored at all times, even with the ignition off. Both times, the van was in full sunlight on a hot day for 3-4 hours, and cleared once I had driven for a few miles.