Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A leaning tower of Marco Polo hehe.

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
Good afternoon all, I have just looked at the rear of my M.Polo and the right side of the vehicle is 1"1/2 leaning from near side to off side. Nothing is inside, and all tyres are pumped up to 40psi all round.ANY IDEA'S. Dave.

Attachments

• 20221004_121742.jpg
    20221004_121742.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 13

Method7

i have a concrete parking area that looks flat and both my old and new Vito's did/do that... its probably not the van - try measuring it in a different location - tarmac carpark or some place that is mechanically levelled - filling station forecourt? - gravel (if thats what it is) is very fluid.

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
i have a concrete parking area that looks flat and both my old and new Vito's did/do that... its probably not the van - try measuring it in a different location - tarmac carpark or some place that is mechanically levelled - filling station forecourt? - gravel (if thats what it is) is very fluid.
I have remeasured the difference in hight on a block paved level driveway and there is 5mm difference in hight. ie suspension springs i guess. Regards Dave

LEGLESS

LEGLESS

VIP Member
unless of course your a west-county local..
Ouch you sound like a truely spoken Westcountry resident. Ive been here 15 years in my hamlet and still treated as an outcast.hehe.

Epigram

My next door neighbour must come from your parts. I have just had to reverse 400 yards in the dark along our single track lane with unforgiving stone walls on either side. She has a VW Polo !
In the interest of good neighbour relations I wound down the window and told her she owed me a pint. She promised me two saying that her husband had said if she puts another dent in the car he would kill her. I have to say if I have to reverse that far again for her I might beat him to it.

Back to the spring. Have you noticed and strange rattles at the rear on the low side? If a spring breaks near the end the short end sometimes rattles in the cup.

Method7

Ouch you sound like a truely spoken Westcountry resident. Ive been here 15 years in my hamlet and still treated as an outcast.hehe.
I grew up in Cornwall so reversing down overgrown muddy single track lanes is one of the many unwritten national sports.. I don’t think acceptance has anything to do with how long you’ve been living in a place, acceptance is about embracing it’s madness - becoming equally as mad. The asylum needs lunatics…

Method7

My next door neighbour must come from your parts. I have just had to reverse 400 yards in the dark along our single track lane with unforgiving stone walls on either side. She has a VW Polo !
In the interest of good neighbour relations I wound down the window and told her she owed me a pint. She promised me two saying that her husband had said if she puts another dent in the car he would kill her. I have to say if I have to reverse that far again for her I might beat him to it.

Back to the spring. Have you noticed and strange rattles at the rear on the low side? If a spring breaks near the end the short end sometimes rattles in the cup.
Lol, luckily these big MB boxes are a the so easy to back up.. in fact I think I can be more accurate going backwards than I can going forwards and to top it off you’ve got a drinking buddy now and plenty to talk about. Sounds like win win in my book.

I think the van ride height is fine - dodgy test data I think.

Epigram

I agree. Provided you ignore the constant bleeps and flashing yellow and red lights that light up like Christmas trees when on narrow lanes hiding rocks behind the bracken regardless of direction of travel. There is no substitute for the three bits of reflective glass and the occasional look over the shoulder.
However, I think French driving style has started to rub off on me. When I back into the garage, I wait until the tow bar touches the back wall rather than try to distinguish grey on grey in the reversing camera. This has the potential to end in tears if I remover the tow bar