Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th seat help

hi all,

Picked up the wagon today! Has anyone else got the 5th seat and can help?

We have the 5th seat fitted in front of the double, but we have a problem.
We can’t get the 5th seat far enough forwards before removing it so that the floor “shuttles” are far enough forward to allow the double to come far enough forward to recline... if that makes sense!

I know I read somewhere before that someone had two doubles and they were given a tool to move the shuttles

mptripsaway

hi all,

Picked up the wagon today! Has anyone else got the 5th seat and can help?

We have the 5th seat fitted in front of the double, but we have a problem.
We can’t get the 5th seat far enough forwards before removing it so that the floor “shuttles” are far enough forward to allow the double to come far enough forward to recline... if that makes sense!

I know I read somewhere before that someone had two doubles and they were given a tool to move the shuttles

The tool for moving the floor shuttles is stored in the bench seat drawer divider panel.

Slightly off topic, but relevant to the arrows point. Not sure if I read or was told (or even if on about the same thing) that those arrows (tiny silver markings on mine) were something to do with optimum forward position to have the double for side impact safety. Am I going mad?

Haha no idea but they’re definitely for the bed. There are some further back though so it could well be something like that!

Next step is to work out how to get into the rails so I can move the shuttle from the middle to the side for another 2 seather bench! (An option on the continent but not here... grrrrrr)

MarkMint

Could somebody give me some advice on the 5th seat? Can it be retro fitted or is it factory order only? How does it attach?

Thanks in advance

Could somebody give me some advice on the 5th seat? Can it be retro fitted or is it factory order only? How does it attach?

Thanks in advance

I’d get it factory fitted because you need the third rail. Not worth the hassle of a retro fit hacking up the floor etc for a £1200 option IMHO

David Bisson

Factory fit only I tried to get Mercedes to get me the fifth seat but they couldn’t do it and they are registered as a four seater if not factory fitted so has to be re certified by vosa. What I was told anyway. Although i would be interested in a bench for existing rails from the continent as mentioned above

boredcollie

Hi,
I bought a Marco Polo with the 5th and just discover that I don't have the tool you describe in this post. Do you know the exact name in english or german? I'd like to find it online and I'm struggling with the research. Is it possible to buy it from Mercedes Benz? Thanks for any help.

mptripsaway

Hi,
I bought a Marco Polo with the 5th and just discover that I don't have the tool you describe in this post. Do you know the exact name in english or german? I'd like to find it online and I'm struggling with the research. Is it possible to buy it from Mercedes Benz? Thanks for any help.

Handle for seat sliders!....... That's what it's called in the manual.

KDM

Anyone have a link to a video of how this is actually done, using the tool in regard to moving the rear bench forward far enough to fully recline the back bench seat into the sleeping position?

Method7

The horizon has 4 tracks, three of which have fittings for extra single or double seat as per the V-class. I’m thinking about getting those extra fittings removed since we don’t have a seat and they consume about 18” of floor runner that prevents the actual seat from reaching its full extent either fwd or rev.

@KDM the tool is used to move the empty fittings not fitted seats.

KDM

The horizon has 4 tracks, three of which have fittings for extra single or double seat as per the V-class. I’m thinking about getting those extra fittings removed since we don’t have a seat and they consume about 18” of floor runner that prevents the actual seat from reaching its full extent either fwd or rev.

@KDM the tool is used to move the empty fittings not fitted seats.
Thanks, but less than helpful for this neophyte in Marco Puzzle land.