Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind in Awning

Hi all, I write as a relative newbie, still on the learning curve.
Have a 2009 Marco and looking to get a retractable/wind-in awning.
Enquired at all relevant awning suppliers at recent NEC exhibition, all said they could not supply as components are manufactured under licence from Mercedes.
Went to local Merc dealership who didn’t know what I was talking about.
Approached several independent panel van converters who assured me they could supply and fit a unit for me but..no, unable to purchase due to restrictions.
Advised to contact Harbour Creek who are Westfalia agents and are supposed to supply all accredited outlets. Yes they could do the job, would call me back but haven’t. Embarrassed receptionist keeps telling me either someone will return my call or more recently they are ‘too busy’. After several more calls and an email have eventually been advised by a representative to contact Rose Awnings who were very helpful albeit they couldn’t do the job as Harbour Creek couldn’t supply them.
So after the sorry story I ask if anyone can help or advise as to where I can can get what appears to be an elusive component...a fitted retractable/wind-in awning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveR

Hi @Coffindodger - There is one that was for sale right here from @Nelson400 ...

You would just need to find a fitter

Many thanks, yes I would be interested, but it is the mounting components that is, as I am led to believe, the problem as they are unique to my specific year.
If I can source these I will contact you immediately
Thanks again

Nelson400

Hi @Coffindodger. Sounds like you’ve been round the houses! We are also struggling to source additional pieces via Mercedes so understand your challenge!

With regards the awning the one we are selling doesn’t come with brackets as you note as we were simply making a colour switch, but I came across this old Mercedes/Westfalia brochure online and although not for your specific model, pg13 suggests fixing brackets can be ordered separately. Wonder if you can trawl website for the similar brochure for your year to identify part numbers...
https://westfalia-mobil.de/0downloa...8-07-15--Mercedes-Zubehorkatalog_447_engl.pdf

Marcopolo owners club shop sells a roll out awning that includes fixing brackets. They may be able to advise if their system can fit your model: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/thule-omnistor-4900-awning-for-mercedes-marco-polo

Best of luck!

Very many thanks, certainly something to get my teeth into.
I have had so many false leads, promises and blank faces I am beginning to regret buying the MP.
Previously have always camped in a small 3 man tent but my wife decided she wanted more comfort in our retirement, hence a Christmas present to ourselves, albeit a 10 year old one.
Being new to campers it’s a steep learning curve and appreciate your help in the hunt for the elusive awning, I now have a sense of direction

Keith wb

Nelson400

Best of luck! Despite the challenges with the elusive items, I’m hope you’ll grow to love the camper. We’re new to all of this so on a steep learning curve, but absolutely loving it so far! Best wishes